Chapter 58: Trials Pt. 1

If you like what you see and what more please drop a like up above, a comment, or just give a bookmark it. It would mean the world to me, thanks!

Also you can find advance chapters, and bonus content are on my Pa /treon page https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

-------------------------------------------------

Then as if magic was on his side, the court crier shouted, "The trial of Albus Dumbledore will begin in 5 minutes!"

Shuffling to their seats, Harry meets up with Sirius along the way. "So how are things is the Wizengamot?" he asked as he took a seat.

"Good, better than good," he answered, "no one is too happy about the old geezer did to you, and they feel pressured by the public to take a stance and punish him. The Dark are all jumping up and down to bring him down, the Grey couldn't careless, but they will follow the wind in the direction it's heading, as for the Light- there are some that are holding out on the bastard, but they are very few."

"Good," Harry said with a nod of his head and then once against the court crier shouted, "All Rise for the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge."

Walking into the court from the fireplace since that was the only means into this place, thanks to it being all high class and ultra secret. Behind him was a toad-like woman that he knew of pretty well, Undersecretary to the Minster, Dolores Umbridge.

Remus never despised anyone in his life, but this woman who made his life and all werewolves living hell was one he spit vitriol at every day.

Giving an obsequious smile to the court at large, he took his seat at the front of the stands. Promptly Lucius Malfoy was right beside him, whispering into his ear the devil he was.

"Wonder what he is filling his mind with," Sirius commented with a sneer of disgust. It was no secret that Lucius was the man behind all of Fudge's policies and ruling, manipulating the idiot to his heart's content while also funding him as he made plenty of donations for him.

Watching as the buffon nodded his head along, lapping up everything the snake had to say, for a few moments he wondered if the haughty man had the idiot under an Imperius curse, but knew the safety detail of Minster was much more secure than that to let a curse like that slip through.

No, sadly, the issue was the buffon. You just couldn't cure idiocy. Nevertheless, Lucius was doing his work for him, so he couldn't complain. But the so called leader of the whole Magical country would be an issue in the future - if just about anyone, especially a Death Eater, could twist him any which way he wanted, then they were in trouble.

Maybe, he decided, he should be looking into dethroning him. But who to put into his place.....

As he was musing over removing the most powerful man in the land from his office, the crier called out, "Welcoming Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Albus Dumbledore!"

Rising up for the man since he was after all, the wizard that presiding over the Wizengamot, overseeing court procedures even if he was the one facing a trial.

Someone didn't find that too fair as once everyone was seated, an Independent wearing a green robe and hat rouse up. "How is it fair that the man facing trial today is the man overseeing the procedures?"

"Yeah," someone else agreed from amongst the crowd. Slowly other head begin to nod their head in agreement.

"I believe if my lords of this house agree with me, that Dumbledore should step down for the duration of this session," Lord Nott got up and declared loudly.