Nightmare

"Daddy!" I turned and looked at my three year old daughter running up to me. I smiled "Hi princess. You're getting so big." She giggled "Mommy needs you." She grabbed my hand and started walking fast towards the steps. "Slow down." "Hurry daddyyy. Come onnn." "Okay. I'm coming. Where's mommy?" "In the bathroom." I followed her down the hall and to the bathroom. I opened the door and Y/n was standing there and she was covered in blood from her stomach down and so were her hands. 

"We need to get you in the car and to the hospital now." I grabbed Y/n but she wouldn't budge. "Come on. We need to get you to the hospital before it's too late." Y/n stood there and shook her head "It's already too late." "You killed me daddy. Why did you do it?" I started hyperventilating "I didn't-" "You did and now the blood is in your hands." I looked down and blood was on my hands, literally.

"Why'd you kill her?" "Why'd you kill me? Did you not love me daddy?" "I- I didn't do it on purpose. I'm sorry. I'm sorry to the both of you." "You knew what you were doing." "I- stop. I swear it wasn't on purpose."

"Johnny. Johnny. Wake up." I felt myself being shaken and my eyes shot open. Tears were streaming down my face. I looked over and Y/n was laying in the bed next to me. I grabbed her and hugged her tight. I cried even more when she wrapped her arms around me. "What's wrong? I heard you repeat 'I'm sorry, it wasn't on purpose' multiple times." "It was another dream." Y/n sighed and rubbed my back. She pulled away after a few and got out of bed "Come with me." I got up and she took my hand and I followed her out of the room. 

We went into Aera's room. She was laying in the crib sleeping. "I know how you feel about the accident but you have to remember that it wasn't your fault." "But you were so at risk after and so was Aera, hell she still is." "But guess what? She made it here safely and I'm still here." Y/n walked over to the crib and picked Aera up. She walked back to me and handed her to me "Sit in the chair and just talk to her, softly. Tell her how much you love her. You have to stop being scared baby." I walked over and sat in the chair. 

Y/n kissed me on the cheek. "Wait where are you going?" "Back to sleep. Take this time alone with her." "You're not gonna leave me right?" "No I'm not. Besides I couldn't even if I wanted to. We're married remember?" I chuckled softly "Yeah. I remember. You can go back to sleep. I'll be in there when I'm done." Y/n left the room and closed the door a little.

I looked down at Aera. God, she looks so much like me. "Hi little one. I love you so much and it took so much to get you here. I didn't know how much you could love someone so little and fragile until I met you. You're gonna grow up to be strong just like your mom. You know she barely cried when we found out that you probably weren't gonna make it. At least I didn't see it. She was really only given one option but she didn't take it, she was hopeful about bringing you into this world. But me, on the other hand, I wasn't very hopeful but I still respected her decision to keep you. I feel so bad. I'm glad you're here and I'm glad that you have such a strong mom." Aera grabbed my finger lightly and I held her closer.

I sighed "I don't want you to be alone tonight." I stood up and walked to mine and Y/n's shared room. "I hope you don't mind. I didn't want her to be alone tonight." Y/n smiled at me "You can bring her in here anytime." Y/n moved over and I carefully got in the bed and laid Aera on my chest "Will she be okay like this?" Y/n nodded "She will Johnny. Now get some sleep, you have to work tomorrow morning." "Okay. I love you." "I love you too baby."