Back together

"I can't wait till she moves out. She's such a burden, just like her mom." "Oh god yes. Her mom was so aggravating. I don't even know why you stayed with her as long as you did." I wiped the tears from my eyes and went back to my room. I put some clothes on and packed a few suitcases. I tied my shoes and grabbed my backpack and suitcases. I slowly crept down the steps, avoiding the creaky steps. I reached for the door and quietly turned the knob, walking out of this house forever.

-The Next Day-

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and Jaehyun was calling me. I slowly answered it "Y/n. Where are you?" "Um. I'm in New York." "Why? For how long? When will you be back?" I sucked in air "Never." The other side of the phone went silent. "Jaehyun? Are you still there?" "W-why?" I could tell that he was already crying. "My step dad and your mom just talk about me so much. And having to hide everything from them is killing me on the inside and I know it's killing you." "So you just up and leave me like this!" "It's not leaving you. We'll still see each other. I can come back for holiday's. And think about it as you not having to lie to your mom anymore." "Do you think I care about lying to her anymore?! I don't! Why would you leave me!? You went over 700 miles away from me!" I could hear him breaking down so badly which made me hurt so much. "Jaehyun. I'm sorry." "You don't understand how much this hurts me. I love you so fucking much. I've never loved a female the way I love you! I don't care if we're somewhat related. He's not even your real dad! Please, Y/n. Come back." "Jaehyun, you know what they say about me. I can't handle it anymore. I'm sorry for leaving you but I promise, we will be together again." The line clicked, meaning that he hung up. I put my phone on the table in front of me. Tears left my eyes "Why would I just leave him like that?" I changed into pajamas and laid in the bed and cried myself to sleep.

-About three months later-
I was finally able to get a better apartment then what I had when I first rented one weeks before I left. I got a job and was able to go to college with the left over money that my mom given me before she died. I was still with Jaehyun, although it was really hard. Even though I wasn't there anymore his mom still gave both of us(mostly me) a hard way to go since we're technically step siblings but we're together. Nonetheless we still made it work. We FaceTimed daily, sometimes it was harder because of time zones, since New York is an hour ahead of Wisconsin. We texted all the time but there's nothing like having Jaehyun right next to me.

I had texted Jaehyun as I walked off campus and asked what he was doing. No response, which is weird bc he always responds unless it's past midnight. Instead I got a phone call "Hi baby." "Hey princess. How's the weather?" "It's freaking freezing. But it's okay for me, it's supposed to snow tonight. What's the weather like for you?" "Pretty much the same. What are you doing right now?" "Well I just left school and I'm on my way to grab something to eat and then going home. And you?" "Walking. Exercising." "In the cold? Baby you're gonna catch a cold." "Not if I'm kept warm." "So you're wearing a coat?" "Yeah but that's not exactly what I meant." "Then what did you mean?" "For you to keep me warm." "Jaehyun how am I-" I had almost dropped my phone when I saw Jaehyun standing a few feet away from me. I had hung up and slipped the phone in my pocket and ran to him and hugged him tight. "Jaehyun." "Hi princess." "You're here. How?" "I've been actually working so hard since you left and I saved up money for a plane ticket and a place to live." I noticed that he had suitcases. "I missed you so much. Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?" "I wanted to surprise you. I missed you more. These past three months have been hard without you. Now we can spend the rest of our lives together." I stood on my toes and gave Jaehyun a long kiss on the lips and he kissed back immediately. Jaehyun had pulled away slowly "Let's go to your apartment before we freeze to death."