Trust

"i rather you trust me than to love me"

__

i sighed as i got out of bed, turning my alarm off. i looked at my phone, 20 text messages and 2 missed facetime calls from shotaro. i rolled my eyes and put the phone down and went in the bathroom.  i did my normal routine and decided to go for a natural makeup look. once i was fully dressed i grabbed my backpack and phone and headed downstairs. my mom was downstairs making coffee and watching tv. "hey mom." i said as i walked over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "hey. how'd you sleep?" i shrugged "pretty good i guess." "that's good. do you need a ride today or do you wanna walk?" "i think i'll walk today." "okay. i'm going to work at 1 so i can't pick you up today." "okay that's fine." i looked at the time and realized that i needed to be leaving now if i wanted to make it on time. "i don't have long so i'm gonna get going mom. i'll see you later when you get home." i walked to the door. "love you." "love you too mom." i said as i opened the door and left, closing and locking the door behind me. 

i put my headphones in and played kendrick lamar. when i was almost at school i felt my phone vibrate. i looked down and it was another text from shotaro. without reading i just typed 'why are you texting me' a few seconds later i got a text back 'meet me in the parking lot'. i rolled my eyes and shoved my phone in my pocket after locking it. when i got to school, i stood at the entrance debating whether or not i should meet shotaro. i sucked up my pride, and little bit of embarrassment and decided to meet him. i walked to the parking lot and to where his parking spot was. 

about 30 seconds later his car pulled into the parking spot and he got out. god he looked so flawless, even at a time like this. "hey y/n." "what have you been blowing up my phone for boy?" "to talk to you." "there's nothing to talk about." we began to walk into school. "i'm trying to invite you to a party." "why would you wanna do that?" "oh my god y/n. yes or no?" we had walked and ended up at my locker. "why are you inviting me?" i said as i put in my locker combination. shotaro leaned against the locker next to me sighing "because i want you to come to my party." "even after what happened?" he stayed silent as i took out the books i needed, i could tell he was thinking about the situation between us. after i closed my locker he shrugged "it's not a big deal." "not a big deal? you told me that you loved me and i told you that i didn't. hence the reason why we aren't together." he rolled his eyes "do you trust me?" "yes but what-" "i rather you trust me than to love me." now it was my turn to roll my eyes "you're so corny. you took words from a lyrical genius and just decided to say them to me." "it's the truth though." "if you say so shotaro." "so are you coming?" "i'll think about it." he smirked "see you there." "see you after class taro." i said as i shook my head and headed off to class.