I love you

"Hey y/n?" I directed my attention from the window to Johnny "Hmm?" "You okay? That was a stupid question. I know you're not okay. Do you want me to take you home? You don't have to stay with me all day." I slightly smiled "No, I'm enjoying my day out with you." "I'm glad. I was thinking that maybe I could take you to get a new camera. If you want." I felt tears well up in my eyes and I turned back to the window "Yeah. I would like that. Thank you Johnny." I felt a hand on my leg and I flinched. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that it would make you-." I shook my head "No it's fine. Just a reflex I guess." We sat in silence for the rest of the car ride. I felt the car stop and I looked up and we were in front of a small electronics store. We both took our seatbelts off and went inside. I followed Johnny to the back of the store where they had different types of cameras. "You can choose whatever you want. I'll pay for it." "You don't have to pay, I got it." He smiled at me "No, it's my treat." His smile and statement made me feel warm on the inside which caused me to smile back. Whenever I was with Johnny, no matter how long or what we're doing, I'm always happy. That was one of the many reasons why I loved him. I never told him I loved him because of how I feel he would react. I started looking around for a new camera since my ex boyfriend basically destroyed mine. After a few minutes of looking, I finally found one that I really liked. I didn't see Johnny so I went to the counter to pay for the camera myself because I didn't like when people paid for things for me. I took out the money but I felt my hand being stopped. I looked next to me and saw Johnny with a Polaroid. "I said I'll pay. Do you not trust me?" He started paying for both cameras. "I do. I just feel uncomfortable with people buying stuff for me." The cashier gave us the cameras and the receipt and we left. Once we got in the car Johnny gave me his camera "Hold this until we get back to the house." I chuckled "Okay Johnny."

After about an hour we were at his apartment. We went inside and took our shoes off at the door. "You can lay down in my room and I'll bring you something to eat if you want." "I'm not hungry but I'll lay down." I went in his room and plopped down on the bed. His sheets felt so warm and they smelt just like him. I heard his footsteps so I sat up. He came in the room with a shirt and he handed it to me "You can change into this. Jeans are uncomfortable to sleep in. Unless you don't want my clothes, I can run to Target or something to get you something to sleep in." I smiled "No. I'm okay with your shirt." He smiled back at me "Okay. I'll go out there and watch TV." "Wait. Just turn around really quick." He turned around and I quickly changed "Okay done." I got in the bed and moved over for him to get in too. "No no. It's okay. You need to be alone for a little while." "I need someone to just be here for me for a little while. Please Johnny?" He got in the bed next to me and I put my head on his shoulder "Thank you for everything." "It's no problem at all. You needed help and no one else was giving it to you. I'm honestly just trying to be a great friend." "You're an amazing friend Johnny." He started rubbing my back causing tears to well up in my eyes. It's been so long since someone has shown me any type of affection and it's nice to know that there's somebody that still cares about me. Tears started running down my face. Johnny looked at my face and he stopped "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." "No. I just haven't felt anything like that in such a long time. Please just hold me." He pulled me close again and hugged me. I laid on his chest and cried for a little while. I looked up and saw that Johnny was sleeping. I kissed him on the forehead "I love you Johnny." "I love you too y/n." He mumbled and I chuckled at his words. I wrapped my arms and legs around him. "I'm serious, I do. And I mean it the same way you mean it." I looked up and saw that Johnny was awake "Lord. I thought you were sleeping." "I'm a light sleeper. But I do seriously love you. A lot. But you just got out of a relationship less than 24 hours ago, you still need to grieve this relationship and you have to be single for a little while. Trust me, I'll be here when you're ready." I put my head on his chest "Okay." He kissed the top of my head "You need sleep love. Goodnight." "Goodnight."