Timeline

January 4, 2005
"Hi. I'm Y/n. What's your name?" I looked up from the book I was reading and saw a pretty girl in front of me "H-hi. I'm Renjun. I've never seen you before." She shyly kicked her feet "Well, I'm new here and I haven't made any friends yet. My mommy and daddy told me that I was coming here because this is a place where I can meet other kids like me but I unfortunately won't be able to see them anymore. And there will be a new family for me." Her smile wiped away quickly at her last sentence. "I don't have any friends either. I've been here for a long time. But we can be the best of friends!" Y/n's smile came back and she hugged me. I was shocked at first because no one has ever hugged me like this but I hugged back.

March 23, 2010
"Happy Birthday Renjun!" Y/n came running to me screaming and gave me a huge hug. "Thank you Y/n." She tightly grabbed my hand and pulled me outside the house to the woods "Where are we going?" "It's a birthday surprise." She took me to this big tree that had yellow flowers around it "Tada! It's not a lot but you remind me of the color yellow because you always brighten up my day whenever I'm sad." I wrapped my arms tightly around her "This is the best thing I've ever gotten for my birthday. Thank you so much Y/n." She wrapped her arms around me too "Thank you Renjun for being in my life."

October 31, 2016
"Come on Renjun! We can't stop doing our yearly tradition of trick or treating." I chuckled "I'm coming slow down." "Time waits for no one. Let's gooo." Y/n took my hand in hers and we set out to go trick or treating. It seems like it's for little kids but that's something that we've always done since we were little. Y/n looked so cute in her costume. That night we got so much candy.

May 15, 2018
"We're finally graduating. I'm so nervous." Y/n grabbed my hands "There's nothing to be nervous about. We're gonna walk right across that stage and then we'll be free from everything. We'll finally get to leave the foster home and do what we planned to do. Think about all the money we saved up to get an apartment. We'll both go to college and get careers." I smiled "You always make me happy." "You do too." "Now let's walk on that stage and graduate."

September 5, 2019
I heard Y/n crying and I got worried. I knocked on the door before going in. I saw Y/n holding a picture but I couldn't see who was in the picture. "Hey Y/n. You okay?" I saw Y/n wipe tears and she whipped her head around to me "What? Oh y-yeah. I'm fine. I kinda forgot about dinner so do you wanna go out for dinner tonight?" I couldn't help but think that something is wrong. I always hear you crying even when we're asleep. I've always wanted to ask you about that picture but I felt like it was too personal for you to talk about.

March 23, 2020
"Happy birthday love." Y/n said as she sat next to me after lighting the candles on my cake. "Thank you." "Make a wish." I closed my eyes and made a wish then blew my candles out. "What did you wish for?" "For us to be together forever." I laid my head on her shoulder and she cracked a small smile. Y/n has been getting less happy lately. Something in me told me that that wasn't a smile of happiness but I just shook it off. "Let's have a movie night. After we eat the cake of course."

September 8, 2020
"Y/n, I love you so much. We grew up together. You were the first permanent friend I had in the foster home. I've told you this before but I don't even know my birth parents and I've tried and you even helped me. I quickly realized that I don't need them when I have you by my side. You've become my everything. We've done everything together. I remember when we first met, I was so happy to have a friend because the other kids weren't as nice to me as you were. You were my first friend, my first girlfriend and my first love. You will be my forever love. We have so many great memories together. I actually remember sitting in the hospital with you and that was something that made me pay more attention to you. I'm in love with you." I crouched down and placed the flowers on the grave. I broke down staring and the tombstone "I was too late in trying to help you. I knew I was too late when you told me in the hospital that you purposely drove drunk so you wouldn't feel the pain anymore. I'm sorry. I failed you so much as a boyfriend. I wanted to get married and have kids." At this point I was a crying sobbing mess "But because of me we can't and I'm so sorry."

////////////////////////////
So I've been working on this for a long time and been perfecting it along the way and I just made final changes but I don't always see my spelling mistakes even when I re-read something so sorry for any mistakes and typos. :) hope you guys enjoyed this one