Number

I quickly walked in the classroom beating the bell by a few seconds. As soon as the bell went off I sat in my seat. I scrolled through Instagram while waiting for the teacher. It didn't take long until we heard the keys in the door meaning the teacher was here. Everybody stopped doing what they were doing so she wouldn't yell at us when she walked in. She door flew open and in came a boy and she was following him. She must've caught him trying to skip a class or he's from one of her later periods. 

"Okay. Everybody listen up. This is Shotaro Osaki. He is a new exchange student from Japan." He stood there and shyly smiled. I heard the girls in the classroom awe at him. "Okay Shotaro. You can sit right there in the empty seat next to her." She looked like she was pointing in my direction. Maybe not, there's a seat two row behind me that's open. "Right next to the girl with the curly ponytail. Her name is Y/n." Shit. He slowly walked and sat next to me. I tried to avoid looking or talking to him for the sake of embarrassment.

She started her lesson and it was pretty easy. Just a review for tomorrow's test. She handed out a worksheet when she was done going over things. As I was working on it, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Dang it, I wanted to avoid talking to him. I smiled and turned to face him "Yes?" "Do you understand any of this?" Oh my god, he's so cute. I'll feel bad if I don't help him. He'll probably hate me. "I do actually. Do you want help?" He smiled "Yes please." "Okay. I have a question." "Go ahead." "Did you do different math in Japan?" "Sort of. I mean the language is different and the way it's taught is sort of different. But this is a little difficult for me." "Oh okay. I'm okay with helping you." 

I helped him throughout the class period but it seemed like he understood it pretty well enough but I didn't want to say anything so I just continued to help him. The period when by pretty quickly and before I knew it the bell rung. Everybody packed their stuff up and started leaving the class. I walked out of the classroom and was on my way to my locker when I felt the same familiar tap on my shoulder from earlier. I turned around and Shotaro was behind me smiling.

I didn't realize how much taller he was than me until now. It's a pretty decent amount. "Hi Y/n." "Hi Shotaro. What's up?" He shifted nervously and started biting his lip "I just wanted to ask could I get your number. I was too scared to ask before." I smiled at him. He is so cute. "Of course you can." He took his phone out of his pocket and gave it to me to put my number in it. Once I gave him the phone back he smiled "Thank you." "Your welcome. I'll talk to you later okay?" He nodded. As I turned around he called my name "Sorry. I just wanted to tell you that I do understand the math. I just wanted a reason to talk to you." "I figured you understood it." "Okay I won't hold you up anymore. I'll see you later Y/n." "See you later Shotaro."