Dodgeball

"Okay, since most of you like complaining about running laps we're doing dodgeball today." The entire class groaned except for, of course, Veronica. "Guys this is a great opportunity for extra credit points guys! Right, coach?" I looked at her with disgust and she caught me "You need it Y/n." I tilted my head to the side "What?" "Okay! You two don't start today. Work out your differences, you two are on the same team." Our gym teacher had split everybody up into two teams. "Wait coach! Before we start shouldn't we wait for Jisung. Right Y/n?" I rolled my eyes. She's always all over him and he clearly doesn't like her. "Veronica, calm down. If Jisung gets here I'll just put him on a team." 

The gym door opened and Jisung came walking in "Sorry I'm late." "It's fine Jisung. Braden isn't here so you're on Y/n's team for dodgeball." He walked over and stood next to me. I playfully shook my head "Shame on you Jisung. You're girlfriend missed you." "Please don't." Our teacher blew the whistle and everybody rushed to get a ball. Most people on the other team was pretty easy to get out. Veronica kept trying to get close to Jisung and get me out, even though I'm on her team.

I saw her get angry that she couldn't get me out and that Jisung was paying no attention to her. There was one kid left on the other team and I saw the opportunity to get him out. I ran to get the ball that was right in front of me but next thing I know Veronica is getting the same one. We collided and she pushed me. I heard our teacher blow the whistle. Everybody stopped moving and Jisung and our teacher walked over to me. Just then all the pain shot to my ankle.

"Okay come on. Get up Y/n." "It hurts too much." Veronica walked over to me as well with her arms crossed "If you weren't in my way, you wouldn't have gotten hurt." "You pushed me on purpose!" The teacher put his hands up so we wouldn't start arguing again. "Jisung take Y/n to the nurse." "Why Jisung?! Why can't someone else that's strong enough to carry her take her?!" "Since you're so defensive then you go with them." At first she looked shocked but then she seemed okay with it. Jisung bent down and helped me up "You got it?" I nodded. 

As we all walked out I heard the whistle blow and the teacher said something. "Jisung you were great at the dodgeball game." Veronica said with a dumb smile on her face. "I guess. I'm not into dodgeball." I snickered quietly at Jisungs remark. "Y/n, you should work on your running skills." "You know, we don't need you Veronica." "I just wanted to get out of the game because dodgeball is stupid. Right Jisung? Isn't soccer or basketball like better? Which one do you prefer Jisung?"

"God damn! Please Veronica, be quiet." We were finally at the nurses office and we told her what happened and she had me sit on one of the beds while she called my mom. "Okay you can go now." "But Jisung-" "Veronica, I don't like you. No, I don't wanna be your friend nor your boyfriend so please leave me alone." "It's not like you have a girlfriend." He quickly glanced at me "Yes I do. Y/n is my girlfriend." 

Her reaction was priceless "B-but I never see you two-" "We don't do pda." "I thought you two were just best friends." I scoffed "Oh my god, you're so dumb. We've gone to every homecoming together, every school field trip and dance, we went to junior prom together and now we're going to senior prom together. Get over it."

I saw tears well up in Veronica's eyes. She quickly left the nurses office. "Y/n you were too harsh." "She needs to know the truth. I'm tired of her being all over you. I've been quiet way too long." He pinched my cheeks "Awe my baby is jealous." "Stopp. No pda remember." "We should let up on that rule and at least hold hands." "I'll think about it." Jisung kissed me on the forehead "I'll stay with you until your mom comes and gets you."