Prom Date

I sat in the classroom bored and worried. I was worried because this year's prom was boys ask girls and I haven't gotten asked yet. For the past 2 years I've had my eyes on one boy, Mark Lee. Sure he was popular and I was a nobody but we've been getting closer lately. My bestfriend Yuta came in the class and sat next to me "What's wrong y/n? You seem depressed." "I'm not depressed. It's just prom." "Do you wanna go with me?" "I want to go with someone else." "I know, Mark. But you can come with me as a friend." "I might as well. He's probably gonna take" "Yeri" We sang in an annoying voice together. We burst out laughing. 

Mark walked in the class which made me perk up because he isn't in this class at this time. He had flowers and a box in his hands. He started walking towards the back where me and Yuta were sitting. "Yeri is not in here Mark!" Yuta yelled making me snicker. "Actually I was looking for y/n." Mark stopped in front of my desk "Y/n, will you do me the honor of being my prom date?" I smiled cheesily "Yes" Mark smiled and gave me the flowers and chocolate and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He walked out of the classroom and I sat there smiling and excited. The bell rang and everybody settled down in their seats. 

We heard the sound of the speaker in the classroom letting us know that the announcements were coming on. "Good Morning students! We have some great news for you guys this morning! First off, your prom king and prom queen nominees. For the prom queen nominees you have Kim Yeri, Lisa Manoban, Kim Taeyeon, Kim Hyuna, and last but not least Y/N Y/L/N. Your prom king nominees are Yuta Nakamoto, Mark Lee, Park Chanyeol, Jeon Jungkook, and Song Mino. Don't forget to cast your vote! That's all for the announcements, teachers and students have a nice day!" 

Once the announcements were off me and Yuta turned to each other. "We're prom king and queen nominees!" We whisper shouted to each other. I put my head down and smiled "How could this day get any better? I got asked to prom by my crush and now I could become prom queen." "Y/n and Yuta pay attention! Flirt with each other on your own time!" "Sorry." We gazed our attention to the teacher. 

_PROM NIGHT_

I smiled satisfied on how I looked.

 I heard the doorbell ring. "Y/n! Come downstairs your date is here!" "Coming!" I grabbed my purse and phone and went downstairs. They gazed their attention to me "Aw look at my baby. Going to her Senior prom with this cutie. I have to get a picture. Okay you guys get together." I walked over to Mark and he held onto my lower back. "Your hand better not go any further I will make y/n stay home." "I promise it won't" "Okay now say cheese." We said cheese in sync and my mom took the picture. "Okay now you guys get going I don't want you to miss it." "Okay. Bye mom love you." "Love you too, have fun." "I will." We left the house and I saw a very expensive looking limo sitting outside my house. 

Mark jogged to the door and opened it for me "Your chariot awaits." I picked my dress up and walked to the limo "Well thank you gentleman." I got in the car and Mark got in after me. "So I know you've never thought about going to prom with me until recently Mark but I just want you to know this better not be some trick to get me to sleep with you tonight." "Would that work?" I hit him playfully "No it wouldn't. I only like sweet guys. I also wanted to say thank you for asking me to prom. I was so thankful I got you a gift." I opened my purse and pulled out a gold chain "This is alot of allowance saved up but I thought that I should give it to you as a thank you because you went through all that trouble to ask me." "No keep it. You don't have to give me anything. I have a surprise for you tonight." "Really? Your just full of surprises." "I try to keep it different." 

The car came to a stop "Oh we must be here." I saw a bunch of people gather around and take their phones out. Mark got out the car and stood to the side and let me get out. When I got out people started screaming and throwing compliments left and right. Mark closed the door behind me. Mark stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, allowing people to take pictures. Once we were done we started going inside. Yuta had came over to us "Oh. My. God. Y/n you look so pretty." He opened his arms for a hug and I gave him one. "You look nice too." "Hey Mark. I like your suit." "Yours too." We had all went inside. We started dancing and talking and had a great time. 

"I'm so glad I asked you and not Yeri. She would be boring and complain the entire time. But you're fun." "What happened to her anyways?" "I was gonna ask her but she already had a date. I realized that you were the only girl without a date yet so I just said 'I guess I'll just ask y/n'." "Ahh I get it. So your crush had a date and you just asked me because of sympathy." "Why are you so mad about it?" "No reason." "There has to be a reason that you're mad that I asked you very last." "So you asked other girls?" "No. Maybe. Yes. BUT I wouldn't have had fun with them." I rolled my eyes "Whatever. I'm gonna go look for Yuta."

 I turned but I felt my arm being pulled back "Y/n just tell me why you're so upset. It makes no fucking sense." I turned around and tears started stinging my eyes "You wanna know why I'm so mad? Well here it is. I'm so goddamn mad because I love you more than a friend but the fact that you will never except me that way really hurts my heart!" I ran out into the hallway. I slid down on the locker and started crying. "Y/n! Y/n!" "Leave me alone Mark!" I put my face in my arms "It's not Mark, it's Yuta." I lifted my head up and Yuta had squatted down to reach my level "What's wrong?" "Mark told me that the only reason that he asked me was because every other girl couldn't or didn't want to go with him." Yuta stood up and held his hand out "Come on. Stand up."

I grabbed his hand and stood up. "They're about to announce prom king and queen. I'm 100 percent that you won. So how about you come back in? Please." "Okay" I sniffled and wiped my face "I have to fix my makeup first." I went in the bathroom and made sure that I didn't have makeup running down my face. I walked back out "I'm ready." "You look beautiful." We walked back in the gym and went on stage where the rest of nominees were. One of the chaperones came on the stage. "Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great night but it's time to announce prom king and queen." Everyone cheered and clapped "Okay okay settle down. Your senior prom queen is, drum roll please, Y/N Y/L/N!" Everyone cheered and clapped as I walked to the front of the stage to claim my crown and prom queen stick. "We're not done, we still have prom king. Your senior prom king who will also join the prom queen on the dance floor for a dance is" She opened the envelope "Congratulations Mark Lee you are prom king!" I rolled my eyes as Mark got his crown and prom king stick. 

"Time for the prom king and queen dance." Me and Mark went to the middle of the dance floor where a spotlight was shining. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck as the music started. "You know this doesn't mean that I forgive you right?" I whispered to him. "I know but I was hoping that I could try and make this better." "Oh yeah" Mark spun me out and back in "How are you gonna do that?" "Y/n, I am truly sorry. I was just nervous and words kept pouring out of my stupid mouth. More words are not what I should've done." I gave the crowd a fake smile "Then what have you should've done?" "This" Mark put his face close to mine and inched closer until our lips touched. I froze up for a little while before I kissed him back.

I melted into his warm lips. We both pulled away and the music changed meaning that the king and queen dance was over. Everybody went back to their normal dancing. Yuta came running over to us "What was that? I thought you were mad at him." "I was but he just explained and did that so I forgave him." Mark held my hand in his "We're dating now." I looked at him wide eyed "Huh? Are you for real?" "Yes y/n. That kiss meant that we're a couple now. Unless you didn't want it, which would really break my heart." He gasped "You wanna break my heart?" I playfully punched his arm "Stop. I do wanna be your girlfriend." "Good. You guys look cute together." 

We ended up having the greatest night of our lives.

-------------------------------------

This chapter was hella long. I was gonna make it a two parter but I got lazy.