preference 14 » he cheats on you (part 2)

warning: more mentions of cheating.
+ some of these have a happy-ish ending, even though it might be a little unrealistic but different people act in different ways, some believe in second chances, hence why all of these don't end in heartbreak. but, don't take this as if you are obligated to ever go back to someone who has cheated on you, this is just fanfiction and i'm a sucker for happy endings (:

ELIJAH: A week later, you agreed to talk to Elijah. He had called you, for what seemed like the hundreth time, and asked if you two could meet up somewhere and talk things through. He didn't like where you left off, nor the way you went separate ways, and frankly, neither did you. So you promised to be at Mystic Grill at 8 in the evening. He showed up in time, in fact, he was there before you. It was clear that he wanted to make up for his mistake, and you respected that, because what he did was so wrong it could not be described with words. And you promised to yourself to not forgive him too easily.

You went in and sat down with him at one table you found proper. "I apologize. What I did was absolutely terrible and I know that, but I still hope you're willing to forgive me. I understand that it will take some time, but I will wait, as long as I have to. I love you, Y/N, and I don't know why I did what I did but it is a fact that you'll always be the most important person to me. You top everyone and everything", Elijah explained and started to tear up. He wiped his eyes quickly and smiled to you, and you found it hard to resist. "Well, maybe, I mean, I need my time and I want you to prove me that you really do love me and aren't just playing with me, but I believe that within time, I could maybe, probably, forgive you. Eventually", you told him weakly and made his smile widen.

KOL: What Kol did, was stupid and you simply could not understand what drove him to it. You hadn't contacted him, and he hadn't contacted you like you wished. You missed him, though you wished you wouldn't. You had been taking long walks daily, because they calmed you down and each day you walked past his house although you knew you shouldn't. Because eventually, you would bump into him. And it happened, of course.

"O—oh. Y/N", Kol was at a loss of words — well, that's a first — when you were walking your usual path and met him at his house. He walked closer to you, causing you to take an unsteady step backwards, alarmed and uncomfortable with close situations with him. "I just want to apologize. I'm profoundly sorry. I was a fool, and I had to pay for my stupid actions by losing you, Y/N. My one true love", Kol said and chuckled with a faint smile. You swallowed and nodded your head, as if to acknowledge the apology. "Are you still with that girl?", you asked quietly, your mind hovering over to the memory of the pretty, tall girl who thought you were Rebekah. You shivered at the thought, it disgusted you. "No!", Kol rushed out and you nodded again before leaving. It made you happy how he wasn't, probably, with her anymore. You wanted him to suffer, and her to stop seeing him. But inside you knew you still, after all this, wanted him back.

JEREMY: Jeremy had been blowing your phone up, not giving you peace or privacy. He was sorry, and tried to explain what happened and insisted that he had stopped talking to the girl long time ago but she kept on bothering him. You were confused, he could have blocked her number or something instead of just dealing with the nudes she sent him. Daily, apparently. When you had enough of the constant spamming he aimed at you, you replied to him and told him to explain everything.

He called you, and you answered. "Hello, Y/N? Oh, I'm so sorry, baby! I swear I haven't been talking to her. I blocked her, okay, I swear. Please forgive me, I swear I didn't mean this to happen! I love you", he begged and you shook your head in disappointment. In your opinion, he was being pathetic. "I need time, Jer—uh, Jeremy, you sighed and corrected yourself. You weren't close enough with him to call him that. You told him that he just had to wait and let you get over it, though you weren't sure could you ever look at Jeremy the same way again.

KLAUS: Ever since you had found that bra from Klaus' floor, you had stayed away from him. As far as possible. Though you had been meeting up with Rebekah, and you talked with her about what happened. She told you to stay strong and be as tough as you wanted with Klaus, and that you should not forgive him too easily. And you promised to stay independent enough and resist him. But when you accidentally, but literally bumped into him on a street you lost all your confidence.

"U–uh, hi", you stuttered awkwardly and rubbed the back of your neck nervously. Klaus looked so perfect there, standing in front of you and the familiar smile dancing on his tempting, kissable lips. You shivered and tried to look away. "I did something I don't want to talk about. It was terrible, and it'll take me forever to apologize and forever from you to forgive me, but I suggest we get started by going to my place and talking there?", he suggested with a careful smile, acting mature and trying his best to fix the situation. You were weak, and did exactly what you weren't supposed to, but perhaps you deserved to hear an explanation to whatever had been going through his mind.

DAMON: You had been going through the night in your mind for days now. You knew it was time for you to go back, and take your stuff so you could officially move to another house in Mystic Falls. You didn't want to be near him, nor in the same house but you knew you would have to do it. Today. So you grabbed your phone and car keys, before heading outside and driving to Damon's place where you, against your desire, knocked on the door. Damon opened, obviously. You knew he had probably been waiting for your return all this time.

"Hi", he whispered weakly and showed you a pathetic excuse of what seemed to be a smile. You walked past him, and tried to go to his room where all your stuff were, but he grabbed you by your wrist and turned you around so you were facing him. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, Y/N. You know I love you more than anything or anyone", Damon pleaded, obviously filled with regret, yet you grimaced. "Honestly, I'm not so sure about it", you snapped with confidence and writhed out of his hold, and then went to collect all your stuff. He had cheated on you, for a long time and there was no way you'd forgive him.

KAI: Honestly, you believed in the good in Kai. You wanted so badly to go back to him and forgive him and kiss him and tell him you'd have to work on your relationship, but it could be fixed. But you controlled yourself, and stayed away from him as long as it was possible. However, when he and you met on one night, you didn't run. You stayed there, and stared at him while he tried to look for the right words to say. He didn't want to scare you away, and frankly, you wanted to stay, and him to stay, too.

"I'm sorry, baby, I really am. I don't know why I did it, it just sort of happened. Can we maybe try being together again? I swear I'll never hurt you again", Kai promised and stammered on his words, but convinced you enough to jump into a hug and kiss his cheek. You had been waiting for these words. Even though he cheated on you, you loved him too much to stop even trying to mend your relationship. He was important to you, and there was no denying you meant the world to him too.

STEFAN: Damon took you to Elena's house where you stayed for a few days, and took some distance from Stefan. You had very messy emotions, and Elena let you pour your heart out to her and listened to everything you had to say. You missed Stefan, because he had been away for weeks and when he finally returned something came between you again. You wanted to see him again, so when you were ready you called Damon and he took you back to their place.

"Stefan?", you called out for him, and he appeared immediately. It was obvious he had been waiting for this moment, and when he saw you he instantly broke into tears. "I'm so sorry, Y/N, I know what I did was stupid and unfair, and I don't deserve your forgiveness... but I want you to know I truly regret it, and it was meaningless compared to what I feel around you", he let out and you allowed him to run to your arms. He hugged you tightly and cried against your shoulder, both happy and sad. You were both of them too, mostly because he was so sorry about it, but it made you sad how you had to be in this situation. But now he was back to you and you were going to sure he would never leave again.

// thank you for over 3,000 reads! love you!