preference #52 : he says something that makes you cry

ELIJAH : "will you marry me?" - this was enough to turn your eyes into waterfalls. it was the perfect thing to hear from someone you loved with your entire heart, and as you sobbed with no control, you said yes.

KOL : "would you like to be a vampire?" - you had been wishing to be one ever since you met him, because you knew he was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. so it made you cry more than ever, of course.

JEREMY : "i can't do this" - you had been arguing for a few days and your relationship was on the verge of breaking entirely apart, and you felt like hearing those words finally did it, causing you to cry your eyes out.

KLAUS : "i love you" - it's simple, but effective. you had been holding in your feelings for klaus ages now, and it was a huge relief to find out he felt the same way. it was a beginning to something great. 

DAMON : "i'm here now" - you were in a serious danger, but he came to save you as always. it was relieving to feel him near you again, and those comforting words made you let out all the tears you had been keeping bottled up inside you.

KAI : "let me help you" - you had been attacked, so you were very weak and you couldn't cover the cuts you got with band-aids because of it, which frustrated the hell out of you. you cried quietly as kai did it for you.

STEFAN : "i need you" - you had broken up and ever since you had been a wreck. hearing those words, and knowing that stefan missed you too made you cry, realizing breaking up with him was a huge mistake. luckily it wasn't too late to fix it.