preference #75 : he's your best friend

ELIJAH : and he's always taking care of you and making sure you date only appropriate people. he doesn't like you dating anyone though, he thinks you're too young even though as a vampire, you're not even nearly too young.

KOL : which is why he always tells you his honest opinion on everything - your outfit, your choice of company or your new shoes. he might be rude sometimes, but he thinks that you're close enough to be that way to each other.

JEREMY : and he always manages to talk you into his crazy ideas and get you into trouble because of them. you should talk him out of them, and you know it, but somehow you're always with him when he's doing something stupid.

KLAUS : and he has always been, and will always be. he's always there for you when you need it the most, and he never judges you or your choices. he helps you when necessary and he's always kind and caring towards you.

DAMON : but it feels like you're something more. he acts like you're dating, and you sometimes tell yourself he's just doing it to annoy you but he seems awfully serious. maybe he is, and maybe you secretly wish for it to be true.

KAI : but sometimes he seems shy towards you for some reason. he is afraid of talking about some things with you, and he doesn't feel comfortable with everything and you think it's cute how he has that soft side too.

STEFAN : and because of it he sometimes gets scarily carefree and weird around you. to you, he shows the side he never lets anyone else see, and even though he can sometimes be odd or make things awkward between you, it makes you feel special.