preference #81 : you wake up to him crying

ELIJAH : You and Elijah had been out with your friends, and you had a wonderful time. Well, Elijah didn't, but you did not know about the way he felt. Until, you went to sleep and after a few hours you woke up again, to the sound of whimpers and weeps on the other side of the bed. You rolled to Elijah who was trying to be quiet, but you could clearly hear him crying. It broke your heart to pieces. "Lijah, what's wrong? Baby?", you asked and tried to stop yourself from crying. Elijah didn't cry very often so this was awful to hear and look at. "Your friends, Y/N, they think of me as a terrible person and don't wish for us to be together", he whispered and you pulled him into a hug immediately. "Don't listen to them. What matters is what we think, not their opinion, okay?", you smiled, and he did so too before you both went back to sleep.

KOL : Kol had returned from his trip to elsewhere after a few weeks of being away from you, and you had planned a wonderful evening for you two but he didn't do what you wished him to. And to make the day even worse, you woke up in the middle of the night to him crying which shattered your heart and twisted your insides. You walked to the bathroom where the weeping was coming from, and as soon as you saw Kol in there crying, you grabbed him and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry I neglected you this evening. I know I should have spent it with you, my precious Y/N, I'm sorry", he begged for your forgiviness. "It's okay Kol, I just really missed you. Now please, stop crying and let's go back to bed", you said with a smile and pulled him back to the bedroom gently.

JEREMY : As soon as Jeremy got home from work today, since he was still somehow keeping his job at the Grill, he locked himself inside your bedroom. He was moody, irritated and no matter what you did he would not tell you about his feelings, all he did was snap at you. So you let him be. But when it was time to sleep, and you had already drifted off to a slumber, Jeremy stayed in the living room and cried. It eventually woke you up, and you rushed to downstairs where you found him as a sobbing mess. "Jer? What is it? Please tell me!", you groaned and went to him in concern. When he noticed you, he closed his mouth and wiped his eyes. "Nothing, I guess I just had to let out some bottled up steam, really, I'm fine baby", he promised and kissed your face softly.

KLAUS : Klaus had a horrible day, concluding from the slamming he did with the doors of your apartment, the yelling or silent treatments he gave you and his just plain rude acting. Now when he acted like this towards you, you fired back with same kind of weapons and acted just as moody as he did. But when you woke up at 3 AM to him crying next to you in the bed, you broke and begged him to tell you what's wrong and to kiss you again. "I have been forced to taking a lot of hate lately, my love, and I'm afraid it's tearing me apart. Today I was told you don't love me anymore...", he mumbled and you cut him off quite quickly. "Don't ever think that would be true unless I say it so myself. And I don't think I will", you told him. Klaus smiled and kissed your forehead, and as he pulled you closer he apologized for his attitude.

DAMON : You and Damon spent the day at some bar, talking, drinking and just having fun. You happened to see your cousin too, who you didn't know was in town, but appeared to be. So you talked to him a lot too, and when Damon backed off and let you to catch up on some things you were immensely grateful. It had been a while since you saw your cousin. You went to bed with a smile on your face, but it didn't last for long, because soon after you had fallen asleep, you woke up to sniffling on the floor. You raised your body from the bed and looked over the bed, only to see Damon crying on the floor while hugging his knees. "Damon, what is it?", you asked in concern and he wiped his eyes. "Are you cheating on me?", he asked and at first you laughed, but then promised you weren't. You kissed him, and put him back to bed where you fell asleep together, happily.

KAI : Kai was in a fight in the middle of the day, and when he came home you took care of him - made him soup, put band-aids on his wounds and made sure he was alright. Some things just couldn't be healed with supernatural powers, really. He assured you he was okay, but you woke up at 4 AM or so to him crying. In concern, you pulled him closer to you. "I'm not okay, Y/N, I lied. It hurts so much", he whispered, and you whimpered at the fragile state he was in. He was too cute, but it also made you sad. You hugged him, and kissed his aching body until he fell asleep, with a wide smile on his face and wiped eyes. 

STEFAN : Stefan was sick - a werewolf bit him and he was really unstable and upset because of it. Klaus had promised to deliver some blood for him, but you had to wait for him to return to Mystic Falls which obviously took some time. Stefan had been crying a lot, so you weren't surprised when you woke up in the middle of the night to him doing so. "Stefan, baby... Please calm down. Klaus will help you", you whispered and kissed his cold, sweaty face. "Am I going to die?", he asked, and broke your heart with his weak voice and sad face. "No, of course not", you promised and cuddled him to sleep.