preference 27 » he compares you to someone else

warning: insecurities and a bit of anxiety

+ just saying, you are all perfect just the way you are, appearance and personality-wise, don't let anyone tell you anything else!! also i know some of these are out-of-character, but fanfic purposes i guess.

ELIJAH: You stared at yourself from your mirror. You absolutely hated your body, and it made you sigh loudly, causing Elijah to appear to your side. "What made you this upset?", he asked with a concerned look, and you glanced at him, knowing he'd know how to comfort you. "I just... don't like my body at all", you whispered and he inhaled deeply, unsure how to comfort you, and somehow, the words just tumbled out of his mouth. "Well, your body is different from my previous lover", Elijah began and made you even more upset with the situation, but as your eyes widened and you looked at him in disbelief, he continued. "But it's not a bad thing. You are so profoundly gorgeous, Y/N, just the way you are."

KOL: Kol was upset lately, because Rebekah had left town. Even though they would often bicker, you knew they loved each other and Kol was missing her. So you tried to fill the void by telling sarcastic comments, like she would always do. You hoped it would mend the empty space in Kol that Rebekah's absence had caused. "Stop saying those things, Y/N. Rebekah is so much better at it than you", he eventually mentioned it, and left you alone in the room after one of your snarky remarks. You knew he missed her, but that was plain rude and it made you upset too. You were quiet for the rest of the night, until he apologized for his crappy attitude lately and told you that you were funny and sarcastic too.

JEREMY: You had picked a movie for you two to watch tonight and you were pretty satisfied with the choice. But Jeremy was not. "Woah, this one? You know, Bonnie picked way different movies", he mumbled while inspecting the DVD you had handed him. You stared at him in shock and disbelief. "Did you really just—Oh my God", you fumed and got up from the couch to walk out of the living room. "Wait—Y/N! I'm sorry, that was really rude and I don't know why I said it, please come back", he tried to get your attention, and angrily, you returned, but watched the whole movie in silence and on separate couches. You were mad at him, and it would take some time to forgive him.

KLAUS: You and Klaus were spending a day with his family. Or you were supposed to, only Kol showed up at the bar you agreed to meet at. So you stayed with him, and with time, you noticed that he was constantly, though indirectly, flirting with you. He was supposed to be funny, but it wasn't. You stayed quiet, though, and swallowed the comments he kept throwing at you. Later that evening, Klaus chuckled at you back at home and shook his head. "What was that all about? You could have snapped at Kol, he wouldn't mind. Caroline would have done that, I believe", Klaus pointed out, and on top of the rude comment, he rolled his eyes at you. You were shocked, and told him to shut up just like his brother had to. "Snappy enough?", you asked and locked yourself in your room for the rest of the night.

DAMON: It had been another day trying to figure out Katherine's diabolical plans, but your attempts had just led into her drawing the attention on you — she knew that big crowds made you anxious, and as people swarmed around you, she made a hasty exit and left you struggling. At home, you were frustrated out of your mind. "I hate Katherine", you growled under your breath, and Damon, who had no idea what had happened, chuckled from behind his glass. "She could give you a few lessons on confidence, though", he pointed out, and with your eyes widening, you turned to him. "Gee, thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear", you flashed a fake smile at him before storming off, and he granted you your space, before apologizing in the evening.

KAI: Kai was really energetic and active today, while you were... not so much. You were tired, and a bit cranky and you just couldn't help it. Kai tried to get your attention by many ways, and kept on pushing you so you'd look at him and the silly faces he was pulling but you weren't in the mood. "Stop, alright?", you ended up snapping at him. "Sheesh, calm down. Bonnie was so much more fun", he mentioned and made you even angrier. You pushed him off of the couch you were both sitting on, and walked away. Still confused by feelings and what was the right thing to do, Kai just sat there, unsure what had gotten into you — though later that night, he made sure to apologize.

STEFAN: You were trying to choose from three dresses the perfect one to wear for Caroline's party. "Hurry up, okay? Elena would have chosen it already", Stefan muttered, and instantly, you snapped your head up and looked at him in disbelief. "Did you really just compare me to Elena? Well maybe you should go to the party with her", you threw the dress at Stefan, who was quick to follow you out of the room. "Wait, I'm sorry — that was stupid, I didn't mean it", he begged for your forgiveness and tried to grab your wrist. "You look pretty in everything, alright? Just choose a dress, and I swear you'll look like an angel in it. Please, I'm sorry", Stefan continued and made you turn around. "Never say that again, okay?", you stared at him in the eyes, and with a nod, he promised.

// i'm sorry, this isn't edited or checked but i wanted to update. i still have some requested ones to do, this was one of them. hope you enjoy! thank you for 9K on this book and over 100K on my first one, that's amazing!