imagine #5 : kol

imagine finding out that you're pregnant and telling kol

You and Kol had a very active sexual life. But you always used protection, and didn't think the sex would lead to something as big as pregnancy, especially when you knew that Kol was a vampire which made things more difficult and complicated. You were sure that, even though you constantly fucked each other, you could avoid pregnancy, but you turned out to be wrong.

You realized this while you stared at a blue-white stick in your hands, showing you a smiley face on the tiny screen which meant that you had life inside you, you had been eating for two, you had been taking care of two, and most importantly, you and Kol had created something miraculous. You weren't even sure if vampires could impregnate anyone, but this had happened. 

You started to cry quietly. You were both shocked and happy. Starting a family with Kol sounded like a dream that was now near to coming true, and it was a wonderful thought that maybe wouldn't have to be only a thought for much longer. But you didn't know how Kol would react, which scared the shit out of you, mostly. Not the idea of having a baby in your belly, not the idea of raising a child, not the idea of giving birth - but the idea of Kol reacting in a negative way. You hated the thought of Kol yelling, denying it was his baby and leaving you entirely. 

Still, you had to tell him. So you took unsteady steps towards him, towards the couch he was sitting on in your shared living room. You sat down with tears in your eyes, and your hands trembling as they reached for his own ones. He gladly took yours, but he was confused and looked almost sad, though he didn't know what was wrong. Seeing you crying was just enough to make him upset too.

"I-I'm-", you began but broke into tears. You put your hand on your belly, and looked down before closing your eyes and trying to collect yourself, and put your strength together. You took a deep breath and looked into Kol's eyes.

"I'm pregnant", you let out and whimpered before breaking down entirely. A new series of tears came out of your eyes, and you let Kol pull you into his arms while he stared into the distance in what seemed like shock, but happiness - just like you had felt. 

"How is that possible? No- It can't be possible", Kol stuttered, but then pushed you away from him, though kept his hold on you and deeply stared into your eyes, with love and warmth in them.

"I am shocked, darling, but I swear to stay with you and help you through this. I helped you with creating this... miracle, and I am obligated to help you with raising the child too. I'm not leaving you, I promise. I love you", he told you with a quiet voice, and broke into a smile before pulling you into a loving kiss. 

// this was requested, hopefully it's good enough :)