imagine #18 : elijah

imagine attending a party with elijah as friends but he admits his feelings for you 

A knock on the door of your room startled you out of your thoughts. Your insecure, hateful thoughts. You dragged your eyes away from the mirror to Elijah who was standing at the door in a tuxedo, and let the judging look in them soften. You smiled, and chuckled when you noticed how he kept staring at you in what seemed heavily like amazement, but you couldn't believe it was that. Even if it was, you were just friends. Good friends, going to a party that his family was having, together. 

"I don't like this dress, 'Lijah. I really don't. I've been through my entire closet now, and I just can't... I can't put myself into liking any of my dresses on me. I'm sorry, but maybe you should go with someone else, because I really don't-", you then began and looked away from Elijah who so warmly kept smiling at you. You stared at the mirror once again, and felt the hating thoughts flooding into your mind once again. In your opinion, you looked awful. 

"You look perfect"

You turned to look at him again, and swallowed thickly at the seriousness in his voice. He gave you a genuine look, and promised that you looked indeed perfect and insisted you now walked downstairs with him, since the guests were already waiting for a proper start to the party. 

You nodded and walked to Elijah, and wrapped your arm around his and got ready to be looked at by everyone. Your friends, his friends, his family, all the irrelevant people who were there just to fill in the empty space. But you didn't feel so insecure anymore, because what Elijah said to you made you feel a lot better about yourself. You walked downstairs with him, where everyone turned to look at you and even the music was stopped. 

You gasped quietly when you understood that everyone stared at you two, and prayed for them to pay attention to Elijah instead of you. He noticed how uncomfortable you were, so he decided to draw the attention from your beauty to himself.

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you for coming, I assure you all me and my family...", Elijah said and gestured towards his siblings at the stairs before continuing, "...are more than glad to see you here. Hopefully you will enjoy the party", he finished then and made everyone turn around and continue dancing. You thanked him, and he said you could pay him back by dancing with him. 

So you did. You went to the dance floor and you settled your hands the way they were supposed to, and as the song began, so did your perfect, gentle, elegant dance. Elijah held you firmly but with love as he moved you on the floor, and through the crowd that made sure you two had enough space to dance all you wanted. 

Your waltzing ended outside, where it was dark, quiet, intimate. Perfect for him to confess the feelings inside him...

You looked up at him as your hands left his and his own one slowly slipped away from your waist and tugged on his sleeves nervously. He tapped his foot against the ground while looking down, but once in a while he peeked up at you. 

"What is it?", you asked, sensing the way something was clearly upsetting him. Like something was seriously, badly wrong.

"I'm afraid I have let my heart win my head", he whispered and grabbed your hand quickly. "I have fallen in love with you, Y/N", he added and made you freeze. You looked at him in shock, but it was positive kind of shock. Your lips curved into a smile and before he could awkwardly stutter out anything more, you grabbed his hair that was styled into perfection and lowered his head to the level of yours so you could kiss him.

Your lips met each other perfectly and you shared a passionate moment outside in the chilly dark evening, happy with everything. He loved you, and you knew that you loved him too.