preference #87 : when he knows something that'll upset you

ELIJAH : he'll tell you immediately, but first he puts you into a comfortable state and calms you down, making sure you won't break down entirely. when he tells you what he has heard, he doesn't even give you time to cope, he pulls you into a hug and comforts you.

KOL : he tries to hide it, he doesn't want you to know because he hates to see you down. so he kills anyone who even jokes about telling you, and does his everything to cover the happened that he knows would only make you cry and feel low and depressed.

JEREMY : he acts like a coward, he texts or calls you and tries to avoid facing you. he wants to comfort you, but he just doesn't want to be around when you find out. he knows he would cry too, or in a worse case, he knows you could hurt him.

KLAUS : he hurts whoever did something to upset you, and then carefully tells you and makes sure you're alright. he doesn't want you to be hurt, in any kind of way, but he also doesn't want to keep secrets from you so he always explains things to you.

DAMON : he prepares a dinner and a lovely evening for you, and when he's certain you're comfortable and in a happy mood he carefully drops the news he has for you, and tries to make you feel better immediately. he doesn't like to see you sad. 

KAI : he aims to keep it hidden, as a secret, but he always fails. he always ends up telling the whole thing to you, which makes you even more upset since he has tried to lie, but you know he only means well and let him comfort you if you need it.

STEFAN : he tells you, and then stays there for you through the whole experience, no matter how hard or emotional it gets. he helps you, comforts you and makes you feel better when you need it. he thinks it's wrong to hurt anyone as amazing as you.