imagine #19 : damon

// thank you guys so so much for almost 50K on this preference book, and over 200,000 READS ON MY FIRST ONE! i started to cry today when i saw it, this is just amazing, thank you thank you thank you!! 

imagine talking with your ex-boyfriend and it makes damon jealous

You looked around the Mystic Grill and smiled when you saw Damon who had just went to get drinks for you two. He was at the bar, and when he looked away so did you. It was a boring Sunday, and you decided to meet some friends but none of them had arrived yet. It was just you and Damon, but it was alright, you loved his company, of course.

"Y/N, is that you?", you heard from behind you and when you turned around, you saw your ex-boyfriend. You smiled widely and nodded your head, and offered him a seat. You two had broken up because he had to move out of Mystic Falls, so you were willing to have a little chat with him because after all, your relationship only ended because you neither of you believed in long-distance dating. 

"How are you?", you asked and listened to him as he told you about his life outside Mystic Falls, how he got a dog and now moved back to the town with his sister. You were happy to hear that he was doing so well. You never wanted anything bad for him, in fact, you could have considered getting close with him again, but you were in a happy relationship with Damon now.

"For sure you must have a boyfriend, obviously a girl like you doesn't stay free and single for a very long time, am I right?", your ex grinned and playfully pushed your shoulder.

You giggled and nodded, but before you could start on talking about Damon and how great he was in your opinion, he himself came to the spot and stole all the attention. Clearly he didn't like all of it being drawn to you, by your ex-boyfriend.

"Yes, she does actually. I'm Damon, and you're going to leave my girlfriend alone now, okay?", he snapped and came to sit next to you, and put his arm around your shoulders before pulling you closer. You blushed and looked at your ex with an apologetic look and an awkward smile, trying to message an apologize with your eyes since you knew that you would not get one out of Damon.

"Uh, well, it was nice to see you again Y/N. Glad to know you have someone so... protective by your side", your ex-boyfriend then stated, a hint of sarcasm in his voice which made you burst into laughter. As soon as he was gone, Damon gave you glare and you apologized.

"I'm sorry, but that was really unnecessary!", you said to Damon, still unhappy with his attitude, and his way to deal with the situation. Although, some part of you was kind of turned on and feeling lucky because of Damon getting jealous so easily.

"Was it, now?", Damon asked and scoffed before downing a drink.