preference #41 : when he proposes

ELIJAH : he's confident, all smiles and sunshines and when he finally gets it done, and you say yes - of course - he starts to cry out of joy and kisses you deeply.

KOL : he's awkward, his hands are all sweaty and he keeps dropping the ring just because he's so nervous. but when you give him your positive answer, he relaxes a bit.

JEREMY : he ruins the surprise, and makes you giggle while he messes up the whole thing, but eventually he gets the ring out and manages to ask the big question.

KLAUS : he gets emotional before he can even ask you the important question. when you answer, he's already in tears and he hugs you so tightly it nearly hurts.

DAMON : he's drunk, but in the morning he asks you again and promises he's all cleared up in his head. you answer with a yes, and continue to laugh at the memory of him proposing while being drunk.

KAI : it's sudden and unexpected. he doesn't even have the ring for you, but he just realizes he's so in love with you he can't wait for any longer. you respond with a yes, obviously.

STEFAN : he knows what to do and how to do - he has it all planned out and knows it will be epic and so great it'll blow your mind. and it does, so much you're in tears when you say yes.