preference #42 : how your friends react when you start dating

ELIJAH : They're somewhat glad, and start to talk about how they totally understand why you like him. You know, how he is so handsome and kind and loving, and probably good in bed. But they stop when they realize that you are indeed now dating him, and tell you how they're happy for you.

KOL : Some of them aren't very happy about it, and they feel like your relationship with him will end badly and he'll just break your heart. Though some of your friends are happy for you, and promise to be there for you no matter what, and you know none of them mean to hurt your feelings. 

JEREMY : They're all teasing about how they knew you like each other, and tell you that Jeremy is a good guy and dating him is most likely a wonderful choice. They support your relationship, and believe that you'll be together for a very long time, which makes you extremely happy.

KLAUS : They're a bit hesitant on whether he'll be good for you or not. They know very well who Klaus is, and that is why they're not sure if they're supporting the relationship you two have, but they try to hide it and tell you to do whatever makes you happy.

DAMON : They don't support you at all. They love you enough to tell you the truth instead of pretending something they don't think it's true. So they make their opinions very clear, and tell you that they don't think you should be together but that doesn't change your love for him at all, obviously.

KAI : They're interested on what kind of a person Kai is, and are happy for you because you've always had a lack of boyfriends and they want you to be happy. They're excited to meet him, and tell you that they completely support your relationship. 

STEFAN : They think that Stefan will be only good for you. They all like him, and are happy that at least one of you managed to start a relationship with him, since he is so damn dreamy. Your friends are happy for you, although slightly jealous.