preference 15 » how he reacts when he finds out you had a miscarriage

// this was requested! obvious warning for possibly triggering themes x

ELIJAH: He cries. He cries so much, he can't even see. You and him had created something so amazing, so beautiful and he was so happy to become a father, but the cruel world had taken the joy away from you both. You cried with him, of course, and despite his heartbreak, he helps you every step of the way.

KOL: He gets angry. He breaks things, yells and curses at the world for making this happen. He promises you he'll help you through the tough experience, although he himself is so upset you don't know how he'll get over it.

JEREMY: He does his everything to comfort you. He hugs you, cuddles with you and drowns you into kisses and cooks for you, covers you in blankets and makes sure you're feeling alright — even if that also means leaving you alone at times. He's sad about it too, very sad, but he knows that to you, it was really really hard.

KLAUS: He smothers his pain by drinking. He gets drunk, and tries to stop sorrowing over the loss, but the next day he'll comfort you and stay with you, and makes sure you're feeling at least okay. The loss is great and hard to cope with, for both of you.

DAMON: He tries to entertain you with movies, games, books and music and drags all of your common friends to his place so they all can boost up your mood. Though he himself is broken too, and you know it, so you try to draw the attention to him at some points.

KAI: He is quiet for the whole day. He takes care of you, but never really bothers to speak up and tries to just move on. Itms hard for you both, but he seems so upset it makes you feel even more down. You sorrow over the loss for days, together.

STEFAN: He's a mess. He sobs daily, and tries to make you comfortable, but he's at that point where he'll push himself over the edge. He's unstable, and keeps on crying and shaking and losing his mind. He's absolutely broken by what happened.