imagine #36 : klaus

imagine klaus' reaction when he sees you for the first time

You were good friends with Caroline Forbes, so you knew about the stuff going on in Mystic Falls. What shocked you the most, was the arrival of the Original vampires and since you were a human, it scared the hell out of you. Caroline had sworn to protect you at all costs, and so did Stefan, Damon, Bonnie and even Elena, who wasn't even supernatural. It was just something she was used to do, presumably. 

Your friends had managed to keep you away from Klaus, the one they called the most dangerous one, the Original Hybrid that would only be the ruin of you. You had met Rebekah, and she seemed like a bitch, but you grew fond of her, yet the ones you loved the most refused to let you become friends with her and stopped your growing friendship before it could truly bloom. You had met Elijah, the noble one, as people around you called him, and he seemed like a gentleman but you knew to not become close with him since your friends would only burn that friendship to the ground as well. You once bumped to Kol, but you didn't know it was him, and you had seen Finn but didn't talk to him. So there was only Klaus that was unseen, unknown to you.

But then arrived the day you and Caroline were supposed to go to Mystic Grill and distract Klaus and Kol, and Caroline had decided you'd get to seduce Klaus or whatever, since to her, he was a bit too creepy. While Kol was according to her words more flirtatious, cheeky and sexual while Klaus was just obsessive, so she said she would probably manage to do well with Kol. 

You walked into the bar, and your heart skipped a beat when you saw a gorgeous youngish man with a cheeky grin and sparkling eyes.

"That's Kol. You concentrate on Klaus, okay? Let's go", Caroline said and pointed at the man you were staring at. Too bad. Kol was hot. 

But then you happened to look at the man next to him, and you shivered - he was absolutely gorgeous. You swallowed loudly and followed Caroline to the two, where she put up an act and succeeded on leading Kol outside where he would be daggered eventually. 

You were left alone with Klaus, and when you awkwardly looked at him, you noticed how shocked he looked. Surprised, maybe. His eyes were wide and full of something that seemed like attraction, and his mouth was partly open and it felt like he had frozen in the moment. He looked weak, and you knew now would have been the right time to stab him but Alaric, who was supposed do it, was nowhere to be seen. 

"Klaus, I assume", you mumbled and sat next to him, and put your long leg on top of your other one and looked at him with a smile. His eyes followed you, but he couldn't say a word - he just stared at you, amazed and looking like he was hit in the head with a hammer. Absolutely stunned, by you, but you didn't realize it.

Klaus took a deep breath and let it out, along with some words. "You're bloody gorgeous", he stammered and looked at you with love and need, before buying you a drink, still shaking and unsure what to say or do.