preference #80 : how long it took you to realize you loved him

ELIJAH : only a few seconds - it was love at first sight, to be honest. the moment you met him, you knew he was the right one for you and you had to get him to yourself.

KOL : years. you hated him for a long time, and when you stopped, you still didn't have any feelings but when you on one day woke up you realized it had happened.

JEREMY : a few days, but quickly after meeting him, still. you got to know him and realized that the feelings that you felt starting when you met him were real and growing second by second. 

KLAUS : too much time, as he would put it. you got to know him because of him being a threat to your friends, and you were kept away from him but as soon as you met him you fell in love. 

DAMON : months, which were all spent by wondering, pondering, thinking and more thinking. you thought you loved him, but only after months you were convinced.

KAI : you don't know, your feelings for him just sneaked into your heart and you slowly understood that you were indeed in love with kai, and you needed him. 

STEFAN : a few weeks. you met him, thought he was a great guy and as you got to know him, your love for him started to grow as well. after a while, you were already smitten.