preference #35 : he says something you never thought he would

ELIJAH : You and Elijah were cooking dinner on one lovely Sunday evening, fish and mashed potatoes to be exact. You loved cooking with him, so you were all smiles and sunshines, and so was Elijah, until he cut his finger with a knife. "Son of a bitch", he let out with a few grunts and groans, while opening the faucet and letting water pour to his cut. You looked at him in shock, and because of the rare situation you could only laugh. You never thought you would hear him say so, but it had happened and you weren't sure how to react. "I apologize for my unnecessary language", Elijah said quietly and looked away, slightly ashamed but you could still see the small smile on his lips.

KOL : You had a long day, and you were unbelievably relieved when you got home and slumped to the couch where Kol was sitting. "I'm exhausted. And bored. Should we have sex, right here, right now?", you asked and looked at Kol who stared at the television in concentration. "No", he mumbled, surprising you entirely. You laughed out loud, and it took you some time to realize he was being serious. "I mean, after this episode, sure", he added and grinned at you, making more sense now. You laughed and slapped his shoulder playfully, as you tried to imagine a day without sex with Kol. 

JEREMY : You and Jeremy were a wonderful couple. You were happy together, and everyone was jealous of the great relationship you two had. So when he on one day came to you and said the thing he had been, according to his words, thinking about the entire day he shocked you greatly. "We need to break up", he said to you, his eyes cold and his lips a straight serious line. You laughed at first, but then looked at him in shock and disbelief. "What? Jer, what is this?", you asked and he grabbed your hand. "I'm sorry, Y/N, but I don't think we should continue this", he said quietly. You pulled your hand away from his hold and shivered, before leaving the room. 

KLAUS : You had bought new underwear, and couldn't wait for the evening. You had planned to show it off to Klaus when he would return home from wherever he was with his siblings. And when he eventually came back, he was greeted by a sexy sight. You. "Fuck, you're hot", he said and made you widen your eyes. Sure, he complimented you often, but this sounded odd coming out of his mouth. He never called you hot, he used other words, like sexy or gorgeous or such fancy ones you barely understood them. And him saying fuck was a total, though positive surprise. "So you like it?", you chuckled and made him nod his head while he grabbed you and kissed you. 

DAMON : Damon and Stefan had been planning a major plan for something for the evening. Killing someone, or abducting someone, or whatever. Something usual, anyways, and you followed from the side as they discussed about it with Alaric. Alaric pointed out his opinion, and made Damon say something you had never before heard him say. "No, actually, I agree with Stefan", he admitted and looked at Stefan, who raised his eyebrows. You were more than just surprised - sure you knew that he loved Stefan and they were brothers, and that they didn't always fight but this was the first time you heard him agree with Stefan on something. 

KAI : You and Kai were watching a movie, a horror movie to be exact. He grabbed your hand, and you assumed it was because he thought you were scared, although you weren't. You loved horror movies, and especially the one you were watching now was awesome. In your opinion. "I'm scared", you heard a whisper and when you turned to look at Kai, you saw him peeking from under the blanket that was on top of your legs, and trembling. You couldn't help yourself, you laughed at the sight. "You're adorable", you said and held him through the rest of the movie while once in a while chuckling at the scared Kai. The great, powerful Kai, who was scared of horror movies.

STEFAN : You and Stefan were best friends, very close and always talked about stuff that bothered you. You spent a lot of time together, and knew each other's darkest secrets, yet you never thought there could be something more than just friendship in what you had. "I love you",he then admitted on one dark night. You were staying at his place, and sleeping in the same bed with him. You turned to face him, and stared at him in disbelief, not sure if he was asleep or not. But then you were met by a pair of beautiful, open eyes and you realized he was entirely awake and admitting his feelings for you. "I love you", he repeated, and you broke into a smile and replied the same way.