Chapter 67

Sams POV

After Colby left, I broke down. It was all just to real and I couldn't handle it. Elton looked at me sadly and I could tell he wanted to give me a hug. He just didn't want to scare me.

I wiped away my tears as fast as I could, looking down at the ground. "You ready?" Elton asked quietly. I nodded, slowly making my way down the stairs and out of the house.

The ride there was pretty painful, emotionally and physically. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. If I just didn't worry so much none of this would have happened. All this was my fault, I knew what happened when people get drunk and I still waited for him.

Every time my mind would try to think about something else, Elton would accidentally run over a pothole causing unbearable pain would shoot up my backside. I would bite my lip so hard it bled. Elton would look at me with pity and apologize even though it wasn't his fault. LA had a lot of potholes.

Soon we had arrived at Brennen's house. Jake running out to say hi almost immediately. I greeted him with the best smile I could, slowly getting out of the car.

"Are you ok?" He asked, tilting his head to the side a bit. I nodded and tried to get around him. "You're limping." He pointed out. I gulped hard.

"C-can we talk about th-this inside?" I practically begged. He looked at me confused before nodding and stepping out of my way.

"Alright, let's get you inside." Brennen smiled as he grabbed a bag full of my stuff. I tried to keep up with them, but I was in so much pain I just couldn't.

Elton was the first to notice, he slowed down for me, then Jake noticed. He stopped and got in between Elton and I, letting out a low growl.

"I'm not gunna hurt him." Elton said defensively. Jake shot him a look causing Elton to chuckle.

By the time we reached the house, I thought I was going to collapse. Everything hurt so bad. I grabbed onto Jake, desperately needing support.

"Whoa, are you ok?" Jake asked, grabbing onto me as my legs gave out. I looked up at him, tears threatening to fall. He looked very confused.

"Hey Sam?" Brennen cut off before Jake could ask a question. "Let me show you your room so you can lay down for a bit." I nodded.

He took me over to this nice room that was already set up for me. It even had a window and a T.V. I limped up to the bed, sitting down and gently as I could.

"Everything's gunna work out, alright bud." I nodded making Brennen smile. "Get some sleep, you'll feel better in a little while." I nodded again. He began to walk out of the room, shitting the door behind him.

"C-Can you l-leave it cracked?" I asked panicking a little. Brennen smiled sympathetically and nodded, leaving the door open just enough for a sliver of light to come through.

After he left I laid down, trying to get my body to relax. When that didn't work, I started to play with the fur on my tail. I knew for a fact that worked. Soon, I felt my eyelids get heavy and I drifted off into a needed sleep.