Chapter 11

Sams POV

Colby stared at me very confused. I was just as confused as him. Ever sense I was little I was told that I would have no mate. No one can love something as disgusting as me.

Kat was just in shock. "Sam?" I snapped my head up, looking at her petrified. "Is Colby your mate?" She asked more herself then me. I nodded, looking down and flattened my ears.

"Wait what?" Colby was finally brought out of his shocked state.

"Do you know what a mate is?" Kat asked. She held her head in her hands as Colby responded.

"...no?"

She sighed, "Well basically, when a wolf is born they are kinda assigned a person to spend the rest of their life with. That person is you." He looked at her dumbfounded. "Well I mean there's more to it but I'll talk to you about it later."

There was a long pause of silence. I could feel the tension in the air. "I-I'm sorry." I whimpered. Colby looked down at me with soft eyes as I looked at him with fearful ones.

"It's ok Sam, you're gunna have to help me though this mate thing though ok bud?" I looked up at Colby in pure shock. He wasn't rejecting me? Why?

"Y-You don't h-have t-too, I-it's hard to love s-something like me." I stuttered. He looked over at the other people who looked at him with mixed expressions. Some held anger, some sadness, some shock.

"Sam, I hate that all these people put these untrue thoughts in your head. Your perfect ok? And anyone who says otherwise is lying." Colby ranted, running his hand though my hair and over my ears.

I looked up at him in complete and utter shock. He couldn't really mean that could he?

Before I had any time to say anything Colby started to talk again. "The movies almost over so how about we get you a shower and some more food ok?" I nodded, still processing what had just happened.

I was still extremely nervous as I followed him up. 'He's our mate! He won't hurt us!' My wolf chirped excitedly in my head.

'Yeah but he's human.' I countered, 'He doesn't feel it like we do.' I could see my wolf pouting in my head.

'But he hasn't hurt us!' He argued, I could understand where he was coming from but I had been hurt too many times to trust that easily.

My thoughts were interrupted by Colby, "Can you do this by yourself?" He asked, holding the door open.

"I-I think s-so." I shuttered as I remembered the last time I was in water. It was when one of my old masters returned me, I was being punished for it.

"You ok?" Colby asked, I nodded and brought my attention back to him. "Ok, well, I'm gunna get you some clothes and a towel. Let me turn on the water for you."

He walked in the room with me waiting outside. I watched as he turned a knob to the right before water shot out of the top.

I jumped back in surprise. I didn't thing it could fall from the ceiling. He played around with the little knob for a while, touching the water, before stepping back.

"Ok so let me go get the clothes and I'll be right back." Colby explained as he walked into his room. I walked over to the water that was falling from the ceiling. Hesitantly, I touched it. It was so warm on my cold fingers.

"Nice huh?" Came a voice behind me. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard it. I pinned my ears as I apologized profusely.

"Sam, it's ok, I'm not gunna get mad at you for being curious." He told me, "Now, can you turn around so I can take your bandage off, then you can get in the shower."

I nodded. 'So it's called a shower.' I thought to myself as I slowly took off my shirt. Colby gently unrapped the bandage, being extra careful not to touch my back.

Once he was done, he explained what to use for each part of my body. I nodded and thanked him as he left the bathroom. Then I got into the 'shower'.

The warm water felt so good on my skin. I sighed with relief as my muscles relaxed.

I looked down to see a mixture of blood and dirt coming off my body. I picked up the bottle that Colby had showed me and squeezed some on my hand. Then I rubbed in carefully all over my body, including my face. I had to repeat this a few times for all the dirt and blood to get out.

Then I wet my hair, ears and tail. I grabbed the other bottle, squeezed out some of its contents, then scrubbed my scalp, ears and tail.

Finally, when I felt clean, I pushed the button in just like Colby had said. The water went off as I stepped onto a mat on the floor. I grabbed the towel Colby got me and dried off the best I could before putting on the clothes and heading downstairs.