Chapter 57

Sams POV

Everyone had been sitting on the couch talking for about an hour. Elton had been doing God knows what. I was snuggled up next to Colby.

"Ok you guys ready?" Elton asked, walking down the stairs.

"Nope." Corey responded, making everyone laugh. Elton just rolled his eyes.

"Well we gotta go. Brennen said he had a surprise and is already there." Elton said, ignoring Corey's response.

"What what?" Colby asked, tensing up a bit.

"Yeah, he won't even tell me." Elton grabbed his keys, "now c'mon, lets go."

Everyone hopped up and headed towards the car. I was actually really excited. Last time the surprise was actually really fun. Well except for that guy and Colby yelling. I whimpered quietly at the memory.

~time skip cuz ima lazy bitc-~

Soon, we pulled up in front of this building. I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Omg!" I heard Devyn exclaim, making me jump a little. "I love this restaurant!" I looked at Colby confused, he only chuckled.

"A restaurant is a place where you can get food. Kinda like a store but the people cook it for you." He explained. I nodded and leaned back on his shoulder.

We all got out of the car once Elton had found a place to park. I grabbed on to the back of Colby's shirt, wanting to stay as close as possible. He only smiled and rapped his arm around me.

"Hey! You're finally here!" I heard a voice from behind us. We all turned around to see Brennen with a person, slightly shorter, standing behind him.

"Hey bren." Colby greeted, "who's that?" Brennen smiled, stepping aside a bit. I stepped behind Colby,
shielding myself.

"Sam?" I heard another familiar voice ask. I stepped out from behind Colby.

"Jake?" I asked in shock. His light grey tail started to wag, along with my brown one. Everyone looked at us extremely confused.

"Wait, you two know each other!?" Brennen asked, still very confused. Jake and I both nodded.

"Yeah, when I first came to the training facility Sam showed me all the ropes. He was literally my only friend." Jake explained.

"Oh, wow." I heard Colby say from behind me. "Go talk to your friend baby." He whispered. My tail wagged harder as I made my way over to him. Brennen then walked over to Colby, leaving Jake and I alone to talk.

"How have you been?" He asked as soon as we were alone.

"I've b-been good." I replied. "H-How's B-Brennen been tr-treating you?"

"He's actually really nice! Which is refreshing." He said the last part sarcastically and smiled, I smiled back.

"Hey guys!" Elton called. "Can you come here for a sec?" I nodded and began to walk over, Jake following close behind.

"So our reservations aren't until seven and it's five-thirty right now. I was thinking that we could hang by the beach." Elton informed us, earning a few groans. "Hey! I thought it would be nice! Plus I don't think Sam had ever been to the beach. Have you?" I shook my head no.

"Ok, lets go." Colby said as we began walking to this 'beach'.

Once we got there, Jake shifted, earning a glare from me. He whimpered and nudged my hand. I shook my head and pushed him away a little.

"You can shift if you want to Sammy." Colby said, noticing Jake. "You don't need my permission." He added. I looked at Jake, who was now in the play position. I just rolled my eyes and shifted, earning a howl from Jake.

We ran around and played for a while and it was nice to let go Although him being a beta, he was a lot faster and bigger then me. However he was patient and gentle.

"Sam! Jake! It's time to eat!" Both of us looked at each other, then raced back to where everyone was. Jake won, of course, prancing around like he owned the world. I rolled my eyes before walking over to Colby.

"Elton told me to bring an extra pair of clothes and now I'm grateful I did." He laughed, handing them to me. I smiled at him before talking the clothes in my mouth and heading over to the bathroom to change. After I was finished, both Jake and I headed back to the group.

"Ok let's eat!" Elton exclaimed before turning around and walking towards he restaurant.

Hey, not dead. Having a crisis? Yes. Eh don't worry I'll be good :) I hope y'all enjoyed this.