Chapter 7

Sams POV

I followed Colby out of the room and down the stairs into the kitchen. Their stood a tall man with brown hair except for a few blonde highlights. By the way he stood I could tell he was dominant.

I whimpered and pinned my ears, bowing my head. Colby immediately stopped and came up to me.

"What's wrong Sam." He ask, I couldn't see his face but I could hear the worry in his voice.

"N-nothing, I-I'm sorry." I stuttered out stupidly. I knew he was going to be mad at me for lying.

"Sammy." I heard Katrina's voice, "It's ok, you can tell me if you want." I shook my head in response, I didn't want the attention on me anymore.

"We'll take things slow, ok?" Colby asked, I nodded, "Alright, I wanted you to meet a good friend of mine. Brennen this is Sam. Sam, Brennen."

"Hey bud." The man, Brennen spoke. I did nothing, didn't move, didn't speak, nothing.

"He's just nervous, especially around men." Katrina said, coming to comfort me. I moved myself so that I was behind her, resting my forehead on her shoulder.

"Poor guy." Brennen mumbled, "Is that why he whimpered when he saw me?" I felt Kat nod.

Then I felt her move so that she was facing me. Her hand came under my chin, gently lifting my head up. "Sam you can look at them, they're not gunna hurt you ok?"

I looked into her big brown eyes. I wanted to believe her, really I did, but I just couldn't be sure yet. I nodded anyway to make her happy.

I turned back facing Colby and Brennen, forcing myself not to look at the ground. Colby must have noticed because he was now smiling at me.

"How about we just have a nice chill movie day?" Brennen and Kat nodded. "Anyone hungry?"

"Starving." Brennen said, making his way to a stool. I followed Kat, standing behind her.

"Go ahead and sit on the chair Sam." Colby called out as he started preparing breakfast.

I took a seat next to Kat, laying my head on her shoulder. She reached up and started petting behind my ears to which I closed my eyes and excepted the touch.

I don't know how much time had passed before I heard a plate being sat down. I opened my eyes only to realize that it was in front of me. I lifted my head off Kats shoulder and tilted it to the side.

I was confused. Was this for me? Was it a trick? I couldn't be to sure so I didn't touch it. Although the more I looked at it,the more I wanted it.

It spelled like heaven, I wanted it so bad, but I knew better. I couldn't eat without permission. So I waited.

Soon, Colby noticed I wasn't eating. "Hey, Sam, you ok?" He asked with a mouth full of food. I nodded and continued to wait patiently.

I saw Katrina lean over and whisper something into Colby's ear. His expression softened at her words. I looked down, trying not to focus on the food tempting me.

"Sam, you don't need permission to eat, here you can eat whenever you want." I looked back up at Colby in shock.

"R-Really?" I asked, studying he features to see if he was lying.

"Of corse!" He exclaimed. He didn't seem to be lying, "Go ahead and eat, I'll go get one of Corey's Disney movies, I'll be right back."

With those words I dug in, pacing myself so I wouldn't vomit. Colby had been so nice and I didn't want him to have to clean up after me.

After I was finished, I washed my plate and put it away. Colby came back shortly after with some of the people I saw last night.

"Hey, the roommates wanted to join." Colby chuckled. The so called, roommates, behind him.

"And we're gunna watch my favorite movie! Let's go!" A guy with a man bun shouted. I pinned my ears and tucked my tail. I wasn't a fan of loud noises and Colby seemed to notice.

"Hey Corey," he started, "I know yelling is like, your thing, but could you tone it down." Corey looked confused until Colby nodded at me. Immediately, I inverted my gaze and stared at the floor.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry Sam." Corey apologized. I shook my head.

"I-It's ok, y-you can yell all you w-want. D-Don't change for m-me." I whimpered out pathetically. I knew I could get punished if I spoke out of turn but, I could also get punished if I didn't say anything.

"Sam, buddy, if it hurts your ears then we shouldn't do it." Colby said sweetly. His hand came under my chin, making me flinch from the sudden contact.

"It's ok, look at me." He said while lifting my head up, "You don't have to look at the ground here. I'm not gunna hurt you if you look at me, ok?"

Nervously, I glanced up at Colby who smiled, "See, not so bad,  now c'mon, let's go watch this movie."