Chapter 51

Sams POV

I woke up the next morning to Colby passed out and drooling a little on his pillow. I giggled, causing him to wake up.

"O-Oh I didn't mean to wake you u-up" I giggled a little more. He smiled before pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's ok baby. Did you sleep well?" He asked, I nodded. It had been one of the best night sleeps I had in a while.

"Good I'm glad." He smiled, petting my ears. I leaned into his touch, he always knew where to scratch. I whimpered when he suddenly stopped.

"I know baby but I have to talk to you." He said, I cocked my head to the side. "So I'm going up to Kansas to surprise my mom for her birthday. But the thing is, I can't take you with me." I pinned my ears at that.

What if he decides to stay there? What if he's just saying this so he can get away from me? What if he finds someone better? With the way he looks, he can have anyone he wants. I looked down and bit my lip, trying to keep me from crying.

"Baby." He said sweetly lifting my chin up. A tear slipped down my cheek as I refused to make eye content with him. "Don't cry, it's only for two days."

I nodded, trying to keep more tears from falling. Colby pulled me into a hug and pet my pinned ears. I curled into his chest, grabbing onto his shirt.

"Wh-when do you le-leave?" I asked hesitantly.

"Tomorrow." He said quietly. I grabbed onto him tighter. "But I promise that I will call you every night. We can talk for however long you want ok. I can even get Elton to do face time if you want to see me." I nodded even though I had no idea what they was.

"You don't know what that is do you?" I shook my head, making Colby smile. "Let me show you." He grabbed his phone and clicked a few things. Then I heard this weird beep before.

"Yo." Was that Corey?

"Hey I'm showing Sam what calling is." Colby said.

"And I'm getting my camera, one sec." I heard the voice say again, then crashing sounds. "Ok continue."

"I-Is that Corey?" I asked.

"Yes it is!" Corey responded. I looked at the phone in shock.

"H-He can hear me?" I asked, amazed.

"Yep!" Corey answered again.

"Hold on let me FaceTime you." Colby said, clicking this red button at the bottom of the screen. "That button ends the call. So now he can't hear us and we can't hear him." I nodded. He pushed a few more buttons, making the ring come back. However, this time when Corey answered, I could see his face.

"Hi!" He waves at us. I cocked my head to the side.

"He can see you Sammy, see this little box, that's you." Colby said pointing to a little box in the corner.

"H-Hi." I blushed, my ears perking up. Corey awed before talking to the camera.

"Ok we'll see you guys later." Corey said, ending the call. I looked up at Colby who rolled his eyes then smiled at me.

"Would you feel better if we did that while I was gone so you could see me?" I nodded vigorously, earning a laugh from Colby. "Wanna have a movie day today baby?" I nodded again, making Colby get on and throw on a shirt and shorts.

"Ok, let's go." I jumped out of bed and followed him downstairs to the movie room. Colby chose a movie then took a seat. I quickly sat by him, cuddling into his side.

"I love you baby." He said.

"I-I love you too." I said, settling down to enjoy the movie.

Wow I'm not dead. Shocker. I hoped you guys liked it ( ˘ ³˘)