Chapter 38

Sams POV

I froze as the memories all came rushing in at once. I tried to hold back the tears best I could but they still fell.

I can't tell her. I just can't. They're too painful and so recent. I began to shake at the thought of talking about it.

"Sam?" She said, interrupting my thoughts, "are you ok?"

No I wasn't ok. I was everything but ok. Although I didn't want to inconvenience her with all my problems. So I nodded, big mistake.

"So, can you tell me about it?" She pressed on. I looked at Colby, basically begging him to help.

"Go ahead baby," he urged, "it'll be ok, no ones gunna get mad at you or hurt you." I was panicking now. Colby wasn't helping.

I tried to take deep breaths and relax. I was pleasantly surprised when she let me. I clutched onto Colby's shirt tighter when she spoke.

"Take your time sweetie." I nodded and tried to take deep breaths to collect myself. I was shocked when she let me have all of about 20 minuets to calm down, but I knew what she wanted. Knowing this was going to happen eventually, I began.

"I-I was t-tied u-up." I started. I heard the pen scribbling on the paper as my hands started to sweat.

"We're you standing?" She asked, I nodded, shutting my eyes tightly. "Sam take all the time you need, you're safe." She said reassuringly. I paused for a moment, even just saying that was causing me to panic.

"H-He w-was pl-playing recordings o-of C-Colby's v-voice. H-he w-wanted me to b-break a r-rule." My mouth was dry and it felt like my throat was closing up.

"Did this happen a lot?" I nodded, hearing her scribble some more on her paper. "Can you tell me what the rules were?" I nodded again.

"N-No talking, no l-looking h-him I-in the eyes, n-no f-fighting a-against him, n-no standing or m-moving u-unless told to, n-no shifting u-unless t-told to, o-only c-crawl, n-no f-food or w-water unless e-explicitly t-told to have s-some, n-no sleeping u-unless told t-to, n-no screaming o-or y-yelling, o-obey a-all orders, s-self p-punish wh-when I-I do something wrong," I was hyperventilating by the end of it, I wouldn't finish.

"Ok Sam, you don't have to tell us all of them, deed breaths sweetie." She said in a very motherly tone as I desperately tried to do what she said. Eventually my breathing had calmed down a bit.

"I-I looked at him." I continued, "h-he got m-mad a-and w-whipped m-me." I paused and caught my breath. I was sweating a river now.

"H-he I-invited f-friends o-over a-and th-they a-all used m-me. Th-they w-would l-laugh wh-when I would ch-choke o-on." I had to pause again to calm myself down. I shut my eyes and leaned into Colby as he rubbed my back.

"He h-held my h-head u-under w-water u-until I passed o-out. Th-then he u-used m-me and c-cut me. H-he d-drugged me a-and w-would s-sell m-my body." I stopped again, reliving the memories, "I-I can't." My voice cracked as I sobbed into Colby's side.

"Hey, it's ok, you did very well. I'm proud of you." The lady said, I could barely hear her over my loud sobs. Everything was just too real, I couldn't handle it.

"That's enough for today, I'm so proud of you Sam." She said again. I didn't even know she had left until Colby showered me with kisses.

"I'm so sorry baby." He said, kissing my forehead over and over. I just held onto him and curled up as he laid down, shushing me. My ears were pinned to my head and my tail was curled to my stomach.

"It's ok Sammy, you did such a good job baby." He praised. I curled up tighter, tears still falling from my eyes. Colby pulled the blanket up to my shoulders, calming me down slowly until I fell into a dreamless sleep.