Chapter 60/61

Not me updating at midnight

The next morning, I woke Sam up early. I wanted to spend the day with him and apologize for yesterday. He was very sleepy, but did get up. We quietly went downstairs and got into my car.

"Wh-Where are w-we going C-Colbs?" He asked through a yawn and rubbed his eyes with his hoodie that was over his hands. I smiled at his cuteness.

"It's a surprise baby." Was all I said. He nodded sleepily and went back to sleep. I laughed and shook my head.

Once we arrived, I gently woke him up. Then we walked to where I wanted to go. It was a short trail that led to a clearing on a cliff. You could see the sunrise perfectly.

Once there, we sat and waited. Sam rested on my shoulder, struggling to stay awake. That is until the sun came up. He lifted his head up and stared at it in awe.

"W-Wow." Was all he could say. "I-I've never s-seen the sunrise." I kissed him on the head and watched as he was amazed by the sun.

"Sammy?" I called, getting his attention. "I want today to be about you. Not only because of how badly I messed up last night, but also because you deserve so much and I want to provide that." He seemed taken aback.

"Th-Thank you C-Colbs." He smiled, resting his head on my shoulder again.

This day was gunna be perfect.

So this was where it was supposed to end but fuck that here you go :)

We got into the car and Sam fell asleep almost immediately. I looked at him and smiled. Then I took out my phone to text the roommates.

To Crazy People That I Call My Friends: hey guys I need your help

Corey: what did you do this time?

Elton: is Sam ok?

Aaron: uh oh

Brennen: please tell me you didn't do anything stupid.

From me: ok first of all, Brennen I'm not you so I didn't do anything dumb, second of all, Sams all good. I just need your help with something.

Elton: sure what's up?

From me: can you guys come to the park and go to that clearing? Then can you set up some fairy lights and a picnic? I've already bought some stuff but if you wanna get more then be my guest.

Corey: OMG YES THAT SOUNDS GREAT WE WILL GET STARTED IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Brennen: can I bring Jake? I don't wanna just leave him alone.

From me: is that even a question? Of course you can you idiot!

Aaron: no need for profanity lol.

From me: I actually just rolled my eyes, I'll see you guys later.

I shut my phone off and began to drive. I knew I couldn't waste much time. I had to be back at 12 and I had a lot planned.

~time skip~

Once we got back to the house, Sam and I changed into some other clothes and headed out again. Sam kept asking where we were going, but all I would tell him was that is was a surprise.

"Do you know what ice-cream is baby?" He shook his head. "It's like a frozen dessert, don't worry, you'll like it." I smiled.

Soon we were parked right in front of the store. We both hopped out, Sam waiting for me before we walked into the store.

"Hi! How can I help you two today?" A lady at the register asked.

"I was wondering if we could try some flavors?" I asked. The lady smiled and nodded, walking over to the flavors. She picked up a spoon for each flavor and then dipped them in.