Chapter 55

Sams POV

I was woken up the next morning by Elton telling me that breakfast was ready. I rubbed my eyes before getting out of bed and following him downstairs.

"Good morning Elton, good morning Sam." Corey greeted without looking up from his pan.

"G-Good morning." I replied as I followed Elton over to the counter. Corey looked up smiling, but that was soon cut short when he looked down. I followed his gaze to see what he was looking at.

I was wearing a short sleeve shirt and my scars were extremely visible. I quickly tried to cover them, refusing to make eye contact with Corey or Elton.

"Hey, it's ok." I heard Corey say softly. "You don't need to cover up. I'm sorry I stared at them."

"I-It's ok." I mumbled. "I know t-they're ugly." I could hear Elton sigh making me flinch a bit. "I-I'm sorry."

"No Sam, you have nothing to be sorry for, your scars are not ugly and you certainly aren't, so don't talk about yourself like that ok?" Elton spoke, his tone stern yet kind. I only nodded, looking back down.

Elton and Corey soon started to have a conversation about who knows what, until I heard a squeal behind me. I turned around to see Devyn holding her hands over her mouth. Almost immediately I felt self conscious again and tried to cover up. She rushed to me.

"I'm so proud of you Sam! You're wearing a short sleeve! It looks so cute on you!" She said as she took a second to examine me, smiling even wider when she did.

"Devyn, calm down." Corey chuckled. Devyn shot him a harsh glare, shutting him up.

"Oh! I ment to ask, can I paint your nails Sam? Yours are super long and I wanna practice a few designs." She asked looking at me hopefully.

"Don't do that to him, he's a dude." Elton responded before I had a chance to. Devyn huffed.

"You never know, he might like it. Plus I'll take it off right after." She argued.

"D-Does it h-hurt?" I asked timidly. She looked at me sadly.

"No honey, I wouldn't do anything that would hurt you." She said sympathetically.

"O-Ok I'll try i-it." I respond, earning a high pitched squeal.

"Ok c'mon." She called, waving me back up the stairs. I followed her up to her bathroom where she told me to sit in a chair. Then she brought these little bottles of color.

"Ok, lemme see your hand." She said,  reaching her own hand out. I slowly gave it to her as she unscrewed the bottle. She wiped it off on the sides a bit before bringing a small brush over to one of my nails. As soon as the liquid touched my nail, I yelped and pulled my hand back. I wasn't expecting it to be cold.

"It's ok Sam. See it doesn't hurt." She said, putting the colored liquid on her own nail. "Completely harmless."

I timidity gave her back my hand, letting her continue. After a while it wasn't scary anymore, Instead it was mesmerizing. Watching her swirl all the colors together and place dots on it. It was really cool.

"All done." She said happily, "it looks really pretty on you!" She added, making me blush.

"Ok, lets go get some food, I'm starving." She spoke dramatically, clutching her stomach. I cracked a smile before following her back downstairs to the rest of the roommates.

YALL YALL IM SO SHOOK! First, thank you so much for 200 followers. That's absolutely insane. I never expected that many people to be interested in what I write lol.

Second, I just found out that something I wrote in my new book like, months ago, was right. I was fucking right!!! DO YALL KNOW HOW FREAKING CRAZY THAT IS!? I'm literally jumping for joy I'm so shook.

Ok ok, question, what's your favorite color. Mine is purple:) ok have a good rest of you're day. Hope you read all that lol.