Chapter 9

Colby's POV

I walked back into the living room to find Sam curled up and sleeping with his head on Kats lap. I smiled to myself as I took my seat next to him. He jolted up and whimpered, scooting closer to Kat.

"It's ok," I soothed, "go back to sleep." I ran my hand gently over the fabric of his shirt. He was tense, curling himself into an impossibly small ball.  I kept at it, stroking my thumb across his ribs while Kat played with his hair.

We were about 15 minuets into the movie when I finally felt Sam relax. I looked over at him to see him sound asleep. I looked over at Kat and smiled.

'I need to tell you something' she mouthed, taking out her phone. I did so too, pulling up the text app.

From Kat: ok first off, do you know anything about werewolves?

To Kat: uh kinda...

From Kat: Oh boy, well, he's an Omega which is the lowest ranking pack member. Meaning he's really submissive and will basically do anything you say. He also sees you as the Alpha.

To Kat: damn, he sees me as the Alpha? Why? I don't know how to be an Alpha.

From Kat: yeah, it's because your the one that basically rescued him from hell. Also, just be yourself, you're doing great.

To Kat: ok. Anyway what did you need to tell me?

From Kat: Oh yeah, so he goes through something called heat. Basically it's a time where he gets pretty needy. Like a girl on their period x10

To Kat: oh...so what do I do during that time?

From Kat: Well he gets really scared during it. That's when people would take advantage of him the most. He couldn't stop it because his body craved it.

To Kat: holy shit...when does it happen?

From Kat: it only happens once a year in the spring time. You'll know when he gets it because he becomes a lot more sensitive and really hot to the touch. He might also get sick a little bit and might shift into his wolf. The only thing I can really tell you is prove that you won't hurt him before that time. Also make sure that he eats.

To Kat: how do I get him to trust me?

From Kat: well, just don't hurt him really, he'll come around eventually.

To Kat: alright, well thanks for telling me all this, I don't know what I would do without you.

From Kat: Np 😉

I looked back up from my phone and over at Sam. He was still curled up insanely small. He looked so peaceful when he slept, like nothing in this world would hurt him.

I focused my attention back to the movie, slowly beginning to doze off.