Chapter 44

Colby's POV

I scratched Sams scalp as his little head rested gently on my shoulder. All the roommates were looking at me with goofy grins. Kat and Devyn were about to overload on cuteness.

Corey opened the door for me once we got to the car. I nodded my thanks as I carefully sat down, laying Sam beside me. Corey drove with Devyn in the passengers seat. Every now and then, she would turn around to check on Sam, smiling as she did so.

Once we reached the house, I had to have help again with the door. Thankfully, Corey was there to save the day, along with helping me get inside the house. From there it was smooth sailing.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. Then I laid Sam down, removing his shoes and collar. He curled into himself, making grabby hands. I smiled and gave him a pillow to cuddle. I then covered him up with a blanket. I whispered a quiet, "cute." before I cracked the door and headed back downstairs.

So how is Sammy Wammy?" Corey asked, zooming in with his camera. Everyone laughed at the nickname.

"Sammy Wammy? That's interesting." I laughed, "he's fine, sleeping." Corey nodded, making some jokes into the camera. Then he went on to making a Dug and Phill skit.

Elton and I crashed on the couch. We were both tired from shopping all day.

"So what you want for dinner?" Elton asked after a few minutes of silence. I shrugged, begging to close my eyes. I heard Elton laugh but I chose to ignore him.

"I'll just Postmate some Toco Bell." He said, getting up. I smiled and nodded. "You know what Sam wants?"

"Just get him a chicken soft taco." I replied, barely awake. I had just realized how tired I actually was. I really didn't sleep while Sam was at the hospital, neither did Sam. He was too scared he would have a nightmare. So I stayed up with him to make sure he was ok.

I heard the back door open and close, then Corey's loud laugh. Soon I fell asleep to them talking, not really caring what they said.

(POV change hoes, it's Elton's turn.)

I looked over to see Colby passed out on the couch. I felt bad. Sam and Colby both wore each other out. Between Sam being afraid to sleep and Colby staying up with him, it was just a mess.

"Are they both asleep?" Aaron asked, I nodded.

"They're both exhausted. But I'm glad they're both finally asleep." Corey and Aaron looked at me confused. "Sam is scared to sleep cause when he does he has bad nightmares. He wakes up thinking he's back with-" I paused, by the look on their faces, they didn't need me to continue.

"Jesus that's awful." Corey said after a few minutes, "I would be fuckin terrified to sleep too." Aaron nodded.

"The best thing we can do right now is just let them sleep. If Sam has a nightmare, pretend it didn't happen the next day. He's super self conscious about literally everything he does. So just act like nothing happened." They both nodded, sympathetic looks on they're faces.

"Ok." I spoke, breaking the silence, "let's stop all this sad talk, I ordered some Taco Bell." I did a weird eyebrow thing making them laugh. Then we just sat down and talked until the food arrived.

(I could stop it here but I feel bad cuz it's shitty so let's continue)

(POV swap again back to Colby)

~~~~~~~~3 hours later~~~~~~~~~

"Colby! Colby! Wake up!" Elton yelled, startling me. I opened my eyes and looked at him extremely pissed off.

"What the fuck man?" I asked, still tired. Elton pulled me off the couch, forcing me to wake up.

"Sam had a nightmare." At those words I was on my way upstairs. "I tried to help but this one is really bad." I nodded, jogging to my room. Corey and Aaron stood outside, looking at me worriedly.

I opened the door and looked on the bed only for Sam to be gone. I looked at Elton in a panic, but he quickly calmed me and pointed to the corner of my room. Poor Sam was sitting against the wall all huddled up. His face was buried in his in his knees while his hands were pulling at his hair.

"Pl-Please." He begged quietly. I stopped in my tracks, sitting down right were I was.

"Sammy, it's me baby." I said sweetly. He shook his head and sobbed. "Look baby, it's me." I urged, still keeping my gentle tone. He shook his head more urgently this time.

"I-It was a-a mistake! I-I swear!" He spoke a little louder this time, Huddling closer to the wall. I sighed and stood up.

"N-No please! I-It always h-hurts s-so bad!" He begged, yelling this time. "I-I c-can't d-do it anymore! Pl-please!" His cries getting more desperate. I could practically feel the fear radiating off him.

I wiped a tear from my cheek. It was even worse because I knew what he was talking about. He thought I was gunna use him. I walked a little closer to the broken boy, who scrambled to get closer to the wall.

"You're safe baby." I said quietly. "No one is ever gunna hurt you." He let out fearful whimpers as I sat down about a foot away from him. He was just muttering pleases under his breath, terrified to look up.

"I won't hurt you Sammy." I said as I reached out to touch him. He flinched away, hitting his head against the wall. He let out loud whimpers as I pet behind his ear. I continued to talk to him, telling him that he was ok. After about 10 minuets his loud whimpers we're just soft cries.

"Look at me baby." I said. He hesitated, but looked up at me. I smiled and opened my arms for a hug which he gladly excepted. He sobbed into my arms with me trying to comfort him.

"I-I'm so sorry." He said in between sobs.

"No no, none of that. Don't apologize for anything." I soothed. He nodded. That was one of his bad habits. He would apologize for everything even if he had done nothing wrong.

I waited until he was calm to ask him if he wanted to go to bed. He hesitated but nodded so we moved over there and laid down. I rapped my arms around him, holding him protectively. He nuzzled into me, closing his eyes.

"C-Colbs?" Sam called out quietly.

"Yeah?" I replied. He hesitated for a moment.

"I-I don't wanna sleep." He whimpered. I felt my shirt get a little wet.

"I know baby, don't cry." I said, petting behind his ears and kissing his forehead. Once he had calmed down a little I continued. " I'll be here the whole time, nothing will happen to you I promise."

"H-How do you kn-know?" He said so quietly, I thought I made it up. I looked him dead in the eyes and said.

"Because I won't let them."

He nodded and curled up. I could feel his soft tail resting on my knee. I smiled and continued to run my fingers through his hair until he was asleep. Then I fell asleep myself.