Chapter 42

Colby's POV

Sam had come out in sweatshirt after sweatshirt. No way was he just gunna wear those all the time. He would get so hot in the California heat.

"Hey Devyn?" I called out.

"Yeah?" She asked, peaking around the corner.

"Did you get Sam any short sleeves shirts?" I asked. She looked at me confused and nodded.

"Ok cool just asking, thanks Dev." I smiled. She smiled back and joined the rest who were waiting outside. As soon as she was gone, Sam came back out in another sweatshirt.

"Can you show me any short sleeve shirts?" I asked while frowning. He looked down and fiddled with the ends of the sleeves. "What's wrong baby?" He didn't say anything, instead we rolled up his sleeves to reveal his scared up arms. My gaze lifted back to his face when I heard him sniffle.

"Awe baby." I got up and rapped him in a big hug. He cried silently into my chest. "You know what I say about your scars. They make you unique and beautiful. They show just how strong you are. Don't be afraid to show them baby." He sniffles and nodded, wiping his eyes.

"Now go ahead and pick out some t-shirts you like ok?" He nodded and walked back into the room, closing the door behind him. I felt awful that he was so insecure about his scars, he thinks they make him ugly and they don't. I didn't have more time to rant before Sam came out in a dark grey t-shirt.

It was a little big on him, which just made him look even cuter. I smiled as he rapped his arms around himself nervously.

"You look beautiful baby boy." He blushed and pinned his ears a little in embarrassment. I just laughed quietly. "Ok go try on a few more then we can go." He nodded, clearly exited to change.

He tried on 7 other shirts, all looking amazing on him. I let him change back into my 'take chances' hoodie as I payed. I didn't want to tell Sam that I was getting him almost everything he liked. I knew he wouldn't want me to, which upset me.

I got the bags, which the clerk had somehow shoved into 2 bags, and waited for Sam. He was out in a matter of seconds, stopping when he saw the bags.

"Y-You bought all of I-It?" He asked in his naturally quiet voice. I nodded. "C-Colbs, you didn't have to do that. O-One would have been fine." I was having none of it.

"After all you've been through you deserve the world." I told him. He rubbed his arm nervously. "It wasn't that much anyway." It actually was quite a lot but he deserved it. He walked over to me, his ears pinned and head still down. I frowned, he clearly felt guilty.

"Cheer up bud! I have 3 times as much as this in my closet." Corey laughed, earning a light slap on the arm from Devyn. I put my arm around Sam and rubbed his arm softly.

"How about we go eat?" Brennen suggested, "get our minds off clothes." I mouthed a quick thank you as I agreed.

"I don't know about you guys but I want Chick-Fill-A." Elton laughed. We all nodded and made weird sounds in approval. I looked back at Sam, he hadn't moved.

"Alright let's go!" Kat and Devyn exclaimed, taking the lead. Elton, Corey, Aaron, and Brennen took then middle section while Sam and I took the back. I just want him to know how much he means to me.