Chapter 40

Sams POV

Slowly, I began to wake up, relieved that I didn't have a nightmare. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and yawned, trying to get myself to wake up more.

"Hey, look who decided to wake up." I heard a familiar male voice say. It wasn't Colby's, his voice was different. I started to shake in panic, thinking about who this person might be.

"Sam? Baby, it's just Elton." Colby whispered in my ear. I started to relax again, knowing he didn't leave me.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I whimpered. I didn't know exactly what I was sorry for. Maybe it was that I slept too long, or that I made a mimstake during the day, I don't know. All I knew was that the voice, that Colby claimed to be Elton, sounded mad.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, don't apologize." I heard another voice, female this time. I froze up. How many people were here?

"I-I'm s-sorry," I apologized before realizing that was what she told me not to do. "I-I mean, I-I." I was starting to hyperventilate.

"Sammy, relax, you're ok and you're safe." Colby's voice soothed. I still hadn't looked up to see all the people. That would be disrespectful and I didn't want to disrespect anyone.

I quickly calmed down at the sound of Colby's voice. I clutched onto his shirt and leaned onto him. I heard a few awws as I did that, causing me to pin my ears and hide my head in his side.

"You guys are literally couple goals." I heard another male voice say. I tucked my tail close to me at the thought of having two other males in the room. Last time their were that many people, it didn't end well.

"Corey, you're freaking him out." Another guy!? I can't do this, I began to gasp for breath, feeling like I couldn't get any oxygen in. My lungs were burning for air but I just couldn't.

"Sammy? Sam? Sam, calm down." Colby said noticing my distress. I tried as hard as I could but I just couldn't get any air in.

"He's having a panic attack." I heard the female voice say. I was still trying desperately to breathe.

"Sam I want you to take a deep breath with me ok, 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out. Do it with me." The tone in Colby's voice left no room for arguments. I tried to do what he said but I couldn't, only panicking me more. He was going to be so mad at me, I began to cry at that thought.

"Sam put you're head on my chest and just listen to my heartbeat. I'll help you ok?" He said just before picking me up and sitting me on his lap. He guided my head gently to his chest so I could hear his heart beating. It was so calm and steady, that's all I focused on, and slowly I started to breathe normally again.

"Good job baby." Colby said after a few minutes, "you did such a good job." He kissed the top of my head a few times and rubbed my back.

"I-I'm s-sorry I-I couldn't t-take d-deep breaths. I-I tried I-I swear." I whimpered trying to stay calm. My head was hanging shamefully.

"Sam it's ok. I'm not mad at you for anything, you were scared." He said calmly holding my tighter. I was still sitting on his lap, snuggling into him when I realized how I must be crushing him.

I'm such an idiot. I'm so fat he must be in so much pain. I tried to move off him but he held me there. I felt powerless.

"You ok Sam?" He asked, loosening his grip just enough for me to squirm out of his arms. "Sammy why'd you leave?"

"I-I d-didn't want t-to hurt you. I-I w-weigh a-a lot." I mumbled and sat criss cross apple sauce.

"Sam look at me." He demanded. I whimpered and pinned my ears tightly to my head as I looked him in the eyes.

"You are not fat. Understand? We are almost the same height and I weigh 140. You know how much you weigh? 73 pounds. So Sam, don't you ever think you're crushing me or hurting me in any way. Ok?" I was shocked at his little out burst but nodded nonetheless.

"Good, now can you please come back over here so I can hold you more?" He asked, I nodded and crawled over to him, sitting in the same position. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head.

"So Sam," the voice that belonged to Elton interrupted, "What do you wanna do when you get out of here?" I honestly had no clue what we were gunna do, so I shrugged.

"Well first we have to take you shopping." Devyn interrupted, "you need your own clothes that actually fit you. All of Colby's are too big." I looked up in shock, my ears came forward. My own clothes? Shopping?

"You alright there Sam?" The guy sitting next to Devyn asked. I nodded and put my head back down.

"Y-You d-don't h-have to s-spend m-money on me." I mumbled quietly. Colby's grip on me tightened just for a few seconds before releasing.

"Sam, I know I don't have to spend money on you, but I want to. I want you to be happy and feel safe. And if that means I have to spend a million dollars on you, I will." Colby ranted. I honestly had no words, I'd never experienced this kind of kindness before. I looked up at Colby with tears falling down my cheeks.

"What's wrong Sammy?" He asked concerned as his eyebrows furrowed

"N-No," I sniffled "Y-You're j-just so nice, I-I'm n-not used t-to it." I paused, fearing that I did something wrong when no one said anything, "I-I'm sorry."

"Baby, you don't need to apologize for everything." Colby chucked, "And get used to people being nice to you. It's gunna happen a lot more often." He smiles and kisses my head again.

"Alright, well, we're gunna leave you two love birds." Someone said sarcastically. I didn't really care to decipher who was speaking. I was too comfortable as too tired to care.

I started to slowly doze off in Colby's arms. Why wouldn't I? He's so warm and comfortable. I thought as I closed my eyes and let sleep over come me.