Chapter 45

Sams POV

I woke up the next morning feeling something I hadn't felt in a long time. Refreshed. Maybe it was because I didn't have a nightmare, or because I slept next to Colby. I didn't know why I felt so nice, but I never wanted it to go away.

I looked up at Colby to see him still dead asleep. I carefully peeled the blanket off me and crawled out of bed, trying not to wake him. I momentarily celebrated when it worked.

From there I headed downstairs to see if anyone else was awake. To my surprise, Corey and Elton were both up talking at the kitchen table.

"Hey Sam, good morning." Elton said when he noticed me. I weakly smiled and walked over to where they were.

"It's almost 9." Corey spoke, startling me. He looked at me with sympathy, "is Colby still asleep?" I nodded.

"Hey, remember when Colby dyed Circa pink?" Elton asked. He had a devious look in his eye which scared me. "Hey Corey can you go get a towel we don't care about. Also grab Devyn if she's awake. I have an idea."

I backed up into a corner. Sure I trusted Elton, but anyone can snap. He then pulled out his camera and began to film.

"Hey guys, so you remember a while back when Colby dyed Circa pink? Well now it's time for my revenge. So we have Sam here and I went out and got the same dye they used on Circa. I think you all know where I'm going with this." He then turned off his camera and faced me.

Just as he was about to say something, Corey came in the room. Elton grabbed the towel and set it up on the floor. He then waved me over to which I obligated, I didn't want to upset him. I sat criss cross as Elton continued talking to the camera.

"So we're gunna dye Sams hair, ears and tail pink." Elton laughed, I looked at him confused. "It will change your hair color just for a little while." He explained. I nodded and my tail be an to wag, I was excited!

"Aw he's exited." Corey awed behind the camera and zoomed up on my tail. My tail only wagged more from all the attention.

"Ok guys set up the camera, I need your help to get this done before Colby wakes up." Elton said, excitement very evident in his voice.

They both put on gloves before rubbing this pink goo all over my hair. It was kinda weird feeling, but it wasn't bad. Once they had covered that section, they moved on to my ears. It felt so nice, like a massage. I heard Corey chuckle but ignored him, I wanted to enjoy this while it lasted.

Just like the time before, when my ears were fully covered, they moved onto my tail. I was very nervous about this part. My tail is extremely sensitive, so if their fingers get tangled in it, it would really hurt. I made sure to let Elton know before he proceeded. He said that he would be extra careful.

Once all the pink goo was in, I just had to sit there for a few minutes. Everyone sat near me and began having a conversation. I didn't really pay attention but instead, drifted off into a daydream. I was brought back into reality rather harshly when an alarm went off.

"Ok let's go wash everything off." Elton said, leading me to the sink. He had me sit on a chair while he washed all the pink goo out. After that was done, he gave me a towel and continued onto my tail, having me sit on the counter. Luckily, he had only put it on the bottom half of it so there wasn't much to wash off.

Once everything was done, I dried off everything. Devyn had come down half way during the washing process so she helped with brushing out my hair. My fur, on the other hand, was extremely staticy due to the towel, so we did our best to smooth it out.

"Now we just wait. It's 11:30 so it shouldn't take that long." And Elton was right because right at that moment, Colby appeared on the steps. He looked at Elton scared, by all Elton did was shrug.

Then he saw me. He gave me a 'Oh my God what happened' look before rushing over. He picked up a few strands of my semi wet hair and sighed.

"Elton, why?" He asked. Elton was laughing so hard I thought he was gunna fall over. "Sammy, what did they do to you baby!?" He asked again before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Think twice about dyeing Circa next time." Everyone ooed as Elton laughed.

"This isn't over Elton. You will pay for what you've done!" Colby said dramatically, picking me up and carrying me away. I was surprised to say the least, so I held onto Colby's shirt. Elton the turned off the camera looking apologetic towards Colby and I.

"I would be so mad at you guys but he looks so damn cute and I just can't be." He said, booping me on the nose. "I'm never trusting Uncle Elton with you ever again I swear to god." Everyone except us laughed and giggled.

"Ok, go get dressed, I have a surprise for you guys tonight." Elton informed us with that same devious look. Colby and Corey looked at each other and sighed only making Elton laugh more.

"It better be good." Corey said in a menacing tone before running up the stairs. Colby following close behind and still carrying me.

"You look so cute baby." He said giving me a kiss on the nose. I hid my face in his chest, trying to hide my blush. "Now go get dressed so Elton can take us to this 'surprise'." He said surprise in air quotes. I nodded as he left, closing the door behind him.

This was gunna be fun, right?