Chapter 43

Sams POV

I fiddled with my collar as we walked to the 'food court'.  I still felt awful that Colby had bought me all those clothes. I really wish he didn't. He spent a lot of money on me.

"Sam? You ok?" I heard someone say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Elton looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. I nodded and let my hands drop to my side.

"Sammy? Are you still upset about me buying you those clothes?" Colby asked once Elton walked off. I nodded and pinned my ears. "Baby, don't worry about it. It was my choice, if I didn't want to get all those clothes for you then I wouldn't have, ok?" He gave my arm a squeeze and smiled when I looked up at him. I looked back down and leaned on him as we walked.

Just as I was about to relax, I heard a girls voice. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but when I looked up I did, in fact, see a group of girls.

"Oh my God, we're really big fans! Is it possible that we could have a picture with you guys?" A blonde girl asked. Corey looked over at everyone else who shrugged.

"Sure." He smiled. The girls squealed in excitement as they pulled out their phones. I hid behind Colby as they all took their pictures. One by one they started to get closer, I'm assuming to get a picture with Colby.

"Hey, is that Sam?" On of the girls asked. I whimpered and clutched Colby's shirt as tightly as I could.

"Yeah, he's just shy." Colby told her, reaching back to pet me. The girl awed and I hid my face in Colby's side.

"May I?" She asked, gesturing towards my ears when I looked up. I looked at her, then at Colby.

"She won't hurt you." He smiled, "It'll be ok." I nodded and turned to the girl who, slowly, reached her hand out. I lowered my head, tensing a little when she softly touched my pinned ear. I flinched but let her continue. She wasn't ruff with me at all, she didn't pull on my ears or pinch them. She just gently ran her fingers through my hair.

About 5 minuets passed until she removed her hand. I whimpered at the loss of contact but Colby took her place. They spoke about something, but I didn't really listen.

All the girls got their pictures and thanked everyone. They walked away giggling and talking about us.

"Ok ready to eat?" Colby asked as we arrived to the 'food court'. I nodded even though I didn't want to expense Colby like that. He had already done so much for me.

"Can you stay with Elton while I go get you some food?" He asked, smiling and rubbing my back. I nodded and walked over to Elton who smiled and ruffled my hair a little.

I watched Colby like a hawk as he went to go get food. I didn't want to risk anything happening to him without me seeing. I didn't want to lose him again.

Once he returned, I clung onto his shirt, refusing to let go. He chucked and walked over to a table as the rest of the roommates went to go get their  food.

"You did such a great job. I'm proud of you baby." He praised and kissed my head. It felt good to know that I made him happy.

He pulled out a container and set it in front of me. Then he opened it to reveal some chicken. I starred at it before looking at him with begging eyes.

"I know you don't want to but you need to eat." He said sternly. I sighed as I picked up a piece of chicken and stared to nibble on it.

The rest of the roommates finally came back with their little paper bags of food. They all sat and talked, laughing at each other when they made a joke. I just sat quietly, still nibbling on the same piece of chicken. About fifteen minutes passed until I had finished all four nuggets.

"Good job baby boy." Colby smiled and kissed my head again. I blushed and hid my head in embarrassment. I heard Colby chuckle before we all got up to throw away our trash.

"Ok now we should go shop for pajamas!" Kat squealed excitedly. I looked up at Colby confused.

"Y-You're getting me m-more clothes?" I asked, hoping it wasn't the case. When he nodded I almost broke down. I didn't deserve all this. I felt like I was just using Colby.

"Hey, hey, hey." He pulled me into a tight hug. "It's ok baby. It's not a big deal. I want to get these things for you ok? No one is making me do this." He spoke as he rubbed my back.

"There ya go, calm down baby." He whispered soothingly into my hair. I began to take deep breaths as I tried to calm down. It only took me about ten minutes before I was fully collected.

"Alright, let's go baby. Don't wanna keep them waiting too long." Colby laughed. I looked around to see that everyone had left, which I was grateful for. 

When we reached the store, I was drug in by Kat and Devyn, just like in the first store. The whole process repeated itself. I was warn out by the time we were finished.

"Here baby, let me carry you." I didn't have time to argue before Colby picked me up. I rapped my legs around him and let my tail hang limp as I began to close my eyes to sleep.