Chapter 53

Sams POV

I was awoken by Elton's quiet voice.

"Hey Sam, you hungry bud?" He asked as he sat on the edge of Colby's bed. I rubbed my eyes and nodded, my stomach grumbling.

"Well dinners ready so let's go get some ok?" I whimpered a little at the thought of leaving Colby's bed. I mean it wasn't necessary the bed but more the sent.

"You miss him bud?" I nodded, tears threatening to fall. "Take one of his blankets with you." He said as he got up. I grabbed one of Colby's blankets, rapping it around myself, before following Elton downstairs.

"Hey look who's alive!" Corey said dramatically, causing me to blush and look down, embarrassed.

"Corey, no." Elton spoke as he reached the last stair. I followed quickly behind him, not really trusting anyone else.

"We got pizza." Devyn told me as she handed me a slice. She smiled at me sweetly as I thanked her.

"Wanna talk to Colby first?" Elton asked. My ears perked up at that. I nodded vigorously, earning a light chuckle from Elton. He pulled out his phone and did something, then handed it to me.

A few moments later, Colby's face appeared on the screen. He smiled and waved, causing me to blush.

"Hey Sammy." He said, continuing to wave.

"H-hey Colbs." I replied sheepishly. We continued to talk for a little while until someone walked into the room, telling Colby that it was time to go. I tilted my head to the left slightly.

"That's my brother." Colby chuckled, "we're going out for a family night." I nodded.

"Ok, I-I hope you have f-fun." I smiled halfheartedly. Colby smiled back, telling me he loved me before hanging up.

"Feel better Sam?" Elton asked when I walked over to return his phone.

"Y-Yeah, thank you." I stuttered.

"No need to thank me." He countered, "anytime you wanna talk to Colby just ask, ok?" I nodded. Elton smiled before walking into the kitchen. I followed behind him like a lost puppy as he put some food on a plate.

"I'm assuming you hungry," I nodded. "Can you grab a cup out of that cabinet while I heat this up?" I nodded again, walking over to the cabinet. I pulled the door open and grabbed one of the glass cups. I started walking back to Elton with the empty cup before.

"Fuck, shit!" I heard Corey scream. I jumped from the sudden loud noise, dropping the cup in the process. I looked down just in time to see it shatter.

Tears threatened to fall as I fell to the ground and began to pick up the glass shards, not caring that they were cutting in my hands. I felt a hand in my back, causing me to sob and try to pick up the shards faster.

"Sam, you need to stop, you're hurting yourself." A calm voice said. I didn't listen though, I just had to clean this up. Last time something like this happened- I swallowed hard at the memory.

"Sam buddy." They called out again." Please stop." It remained calm although something inside me screamed that I had to pick up the pace.

Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted away from the pile of broken glass. I screamed out apology's in a blind panic. I felt the person sit down, holding me on their lap.

"Sam, it's Elton, you're ok." The voice was calm and a hand was rubbing my back. "Look at me buddy." My eyes snapped open and met Elton's. He smiled sympathetically.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized, crying into his chest. He shushed me and played with my hair gently, just like Colby would do.

"It's ok bud, mistakes happen." He said quietly. I continued to cry for what felt like hours. I couldn't believe that I had just had a panic attack over dropping a glass. I felt dumb and embarrassed.

"Let me go get your food ok? Then you can go to sleep. You've been crying for about an hour and a half now." Elton whispered. I looked up from his now soaked shirt. No one was here, it was just us. I quickly got off him, muttering apology's.

"Sam, it's just a shirt, you're way more important." He finally told me with a firm tone. I held back a whimper as I nodded. He smiled before walking over to the food and heating it up again, before giving it to me. I thanked him quietly, taking the food and basically devouring it.

Elton then got me a plastic cup filled with water and walked me up to the bathroom that Colby and I shared.

"Let me clean your hands ok?" I looked down, completely forgetting about how badly my hands hurt. Luckily, no glass was actually in my hand, just cuts made by the glass. So Elton rapped them up after using a disinfectant spray.

"Ok your good to go." He smiled. "Ready for bed?" I yawned at that. Today, even though it was short, was very draining emotionally. I welcomed sleep, and that was rare.

Elton then walked me over to Colby's room. He set the glass of water down on Colby's night stand.

"Sam, if you need anything just come and get me ok? I won't be mad at you." He reassured. I yawned, nodding. He smiled and pet my ears.

"Goodnight bud." He said, getting up and walking to the door.

"G-Goodnight." I whispered, falling asleep soon after that.

Y'all on dark mode or light mode?