Chapter 14

Colby's POV

I was petting behind Sams ears like Kat did earlier. We sat talking and laughing until Sam had fallen asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Corey question, looking over. I nodded. Then we all looked at Kat. Already knowing that we wanted answers, she sighed.

"All I can really say is that he's been though a lot. Neglect, starvation, all kinds of abuse. He's only known people who hurt him, except for me. So when he shifted without permission, he panicked, and I think that's why he's not shifting back. He's just scared." She was on the verge of tears as she finished.

We were all silent. Corey and Elton were clearly furious. Devyn and Aaron were horrified. I was just shocked.

"I don't understand." Elton spoke up, "I mean you wouldn't hurt a person or an animal, why would you hurt a werewolf." We all just shrugged.

There was more awkward silence before Kat started talking, "You also might want to bring him to a doctor. I'm afraid that if that cut isn't treated it will get worse." She paused, "I know a girl, she's one of the few that actually care. I can get an appointment if you want."

I nodded, "Yeah, I don't wanna risk anything." I replied looking back down at Sams small frame. She nodded and got off the couch to make the appointment.

As soon as she left the room, Corey started, "Dude, what are you gunna tell your fans."

"Oh shit." I facepalmed, "I didn't even think about that."

"I mean you could just say the truth?" Aaron more asked then said.

I thought about it for a while. I could seem like a total perv but then I wouldn't have to worry about lying.

"Yeah, that's probably what I'll do." I said just as Kat was walking in the room.

"Ok good news! I got an appointment!" I looked at her questioningly, "Bad news, it's in 15 minuets." She finished sheepishly.

"Kat." I groaned, "he can't go anywhere without a collar and I don't have one yet!"

"That's so stupid." Elton mumbled.

"I know." I said back.

"Just come on." She urged, "we can make a pit stop on the way."

I sighed looking at Sam who was sleeping peacefully. "Alright, can we take your car? It's bigger then mine."

She nodded, heading off to her car. I slowly picked up Sam, who was still in his wolf form, baby style. He snuggled into me as he got comfortable. I smiled to myself as I heard Devyn aww.

I walked outside to see Kat already in her car. She got out to open the back door for me as I gently set Sam down. Surprisingly he didn't wake up during any of this.

"Ok the place is on the way to the doctors. I'll go in and just grab one quickly and then we'll get our asses over there." I nodded as she started out the gate to our house.

About 2 minuets later, we were at the place to get Sam a collar. Kat quickly got out of the car and ran in to get it. She had been though this process and we didn't have time for me to learn right now.

A few minutes passed before she returned with a bag in her hand. She pulled out a chain that honestly looked more like a necklace. It had a tag on it with Sams name and my number.

"We can wake him up when we get there." Kat whispered. I looked back at Sam who was still sound asleep.

"Yeah, he seems like he hasn't slept in a while." I said returning my attention back to my phone.

"Oh and by the way," Kat started, "the collar is a shock collar. I figured that you didn't want to walk him around with a leash. Plus you don't even have to use it, just have it on your person just Incase someone asks you."

"That's so dumb." I thought out loud. "I mean he's basically human."

"I know." She mumbled. The rest of the drive was silent