Chapter 5

Colby POV

I couldn't get Kat out of my head. I wasn't sure if we were talking about the same Kat, but hey, it was worth a shot.

I picked up my phone and called her.

"Hello" she asked grogginess apparent in her voice.

"Hey Kat, it's Colby."

"Oh, hey. Why are you calling me at 1 in the morning?"

"Well." I chucked, "are you by chance free tomorrow?"

"Ummm why?"

I just have someone I want you to meet."

"Ok...what time?"

"11? At (insert address)

"Sure see ya there."

I hung up. I thought about some things while climbing into bed, 'what if this isn't the girl' I didn't have much time to contemplate because soon I was asleep.

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke the next morning, I had forgotten everything about Katrina and last night. It was 10:45 so I decided to get up. I checked on Sam, and finally found him downstairs.

"Hey Sam how did ya sleep?" I asked walking close to him.

"G-Good sir" I cringed when he called me that.

"Colby, bud, just call me Colby" He nodded playing with his hair, "Want to get it cut?"

"Please s-Colby it gets in my eyes" I smiled when he remembered to call me Colby.

"Ok, I'll call someone over to cu-" I was cut off by the doorbell. Walking to the door, I looked over my shoulder to see Sam shaking and bringing his knees to his chest.

I opened the door and was meet with Kat on her phone. Suddenly I remembered the conversation.

"Come in." I smiled as she walked in. I called out "Sam come here bud" he walked over looking at the ground.

Katrina gasped, "holy shit Sam! I missed you so much" the poor kid jumped at the noise and looked up.

"Kat?" He asked shocked. She nodded, tears rimming her eyes. She opened her arms for a hug; slowly Sam walked over to her and rapped his arms around her.

The hug lasted about 2 minuets then they finally let go. "S-Colby, y-you didn't h-have to do this."

"I know bud, but you deserve to be happy." I smiled at him. He nodded looking down "Welp I'm going to let you guys catch up, I'll be in living room if you need me." Both of them nodded, then I walked to the living room.