Chapter 35

Colby's POV

I quickly made my way down to the cafeteria, not wanting to be away from Sam more then I had too. When I got there, I was greeted by a nice man that was serving the food.

"Hi, what can I help you with today?" He asked, his thick southern accent catching me a little off guard.

"Hey, I was just coming down to get some food for myself and my werewolf, Sam." I said, smiling a little. The man chuckled softly.

"Not used to southerners huh? That's to be expected. Go ahead and grab a tray, you can get whatever you would like." He paused for a moment, "oh! I almost forgot, did the Doc put him on a special diet of any kind?" I nodded.

"Alrighty well could you please tell me his full name? I can just look it up on my charts here." He trailed off, mumbling a little.

"Yeah sure, it's Samuel." I told him, looking over the counter a bit. I watched as he scanned down his charts, mumbling Sam's name to himself, probably to not risk forgetting it.

"Ah! Here it is. I'll prepare his food and have it out to you shortly." He said smiling before heading to the back to prepare the meal.

Meanwhile, I grabbed a tray and a plate, filling it with all kinds of artificial looking food. After that I grabbed a glass of chocolate milk, it was the only thing that looked really good.

"Here ya go." The man said handing me a tray. It had toast, blueberry pancakes, bacon, and a side of mixed fruit.

"Thank you so much." I said, He nodded and smiled. I sped walked back up to the room, knowing Sam was waiting.

I kicked the door lightly, sense I couldn't knock, to let Sam know I was coming in. Then, I carefully pushed the door open and walked in to find Sam with his knees pulled up to his chest.

"Oh Sammy," I said quietly, his eyes snapped up at my voice, "I didn't mean to scare you baby." He nodded, his tail thumping against the bed.

"You're so cute when you're happy." I smiled. His tail only wagged faster making him blush out of embarrassment. I chuckled as I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I got you some food, baby." I whispered and handed him the tray. His tail immediately fell limp and he pinned his ears as he let out a soft whimper.

"I know you don't want to, but you have to eat just a little." I said, smiling softly. He looked up at me with begging eyes.

"Just a few bites? Please baby?" I begged. He let out a quiet sigh before nodding. I smiled and kissed his forehead as he picked up a piece of toast.

I began to eat my food, checking the time while I was at it. 8:37, not to early I guess.  Just as I was about to shut off my phone, I got a text from Corey.

'Dude check your insta!' it read. I sighed as I opened up the instagram app, expecting something bad. Instead it was the complete opposite.

Everyone had been commenting on my last post about how they're happy Sam's back. They all said they missed him, even though we was only with us for a short time before... I didn't want to think about that.

I decided I should probably let them know what's going on. I read Sam a few of the comments then, asked if he was ok with me posting a picture of him. He nodded eagerly, happy about all the kind words he had received.

I snapped a cute picture of him with his ears up, smiling, before writing about what was going on. After that was done, I posted it.

Almost immediately people were commenting things like 'I hope he gets better soon!' And 'he's such a cutie! Feel better!' Seeing that made me smile. What did I do to deserve such wonderful people in my life?