Chapter 17

Colby's POV

When I got to the bottom of the steps, Corey was there waiting for me. "What happened man? Is Sam ok?" He asked concerned.

"He's fine, just gunna be out for a few days." I said. Corey looked at me confused and I sighed. I really didn't want to tell him but I knew he wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't.

"He just started something called heat. It's basically like a period except he doesn't bleed and the pain is like 10 times worse." Corey looked at me in shock.

"Is there anything we can do to not make it so painful?"

I shook my head, "Unfortunately no, I got some pain medication but it won't do much. It's just not fair that he has to go through this. He's been through so much already." I ranted. Corey put his hand on my shoulder.

"He'll be ok," he smiled, "he's a tough little guy." I nodded, "On a lighter note, Elton just put a waterslide in the back yard, wanna go down it with me?"

"Sure man." I replied hesitantly as we made our way outside. Almost immediately there was a camera in our faces. I smiled and cracked a few jokes.

We ended up going down the water slide, which was really just a blow up slide, like 15 times before everyone finally went home. I grabbed a towel and dried off best I could before going inside.

"I'm gunna go check on Sam, I'll be right back." I said.

"Wait, what's wrong with Sam?" Elton asked.

"Corey will you please explain?" I asked, starting to get a little annoyed. He nodded as I made my way back to Sam's room.

I walked in to find all the covers off and him drenched in sweat. I saw his eyes flutter open then he shot up. He grabbed his stomach and groaned in pain. I rushed over to him, pushing the hair out of his eyes.

"Shh, you're ok." I said feeling his forehead. He was burning up.

"I-It hurts." He said letting the tears fall from his eyes.

"I know." I whispered. I felt awful for him. "Do you want me to get you a fan?" He looked up at me with his dull blue eyes.

"Y-yes pl-please." He said whimpering in pain. I nodded and ran over to my room. I grabbed my fan then went over and plugged it into the wall in Sams room. He sighed in relief when it came on.

"I'm gunna go get you some water, I'll be right back." He nodded as I quickly walked out of the room and down the stairs. I grabbed a huge thermo cup and filled it with a lot of ice and water. Then ran back up the stairs and to Sam.

"Can you drink some of this for me Sammy?" He nodded as he started to sit up slowly. Once he did, I helped him hold up the cup so he could drink. He took huge gulps and closed his eyes as soon as the water hid his dry throat. Once he was finished, I set the glass down on the nightstand.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. He quickly shook his head and curled back into a ball. "It's fine for right now but you have to eat later ok?"

"P-please don't m-make m-me." He whimpered, looking up at me pitifully. Tears rimming his eyes.

"Why don't you wanna eat?" I asked sweetly. His ears went back as he spoke.

"M-my old m-master w-would only feed m-me after h-he u-used m-me." He broke down. I reached my hand out and rubbed his back gently.

"Sammy," I whispered, "I know you don't trust me completely yet, but I won't ever use you like that. You need to eat so you can get better." He looked up at me doubtfully.

"O-Ok." He said after a few minutes, "I-I'll eat." I smiled and got up.

"I'll be right back." I said as I left the room.

I walked into the kitchen to find some chicken noodle soup all ready made with Elton standing beside it.

"Figured you'd need this at some point." He said with a sad smile.

"Oh my God, thank you so much!" I practically yelled as I hugged him. He smiled.

"Go take care of Sam, we'll be sure to not film over there." I nodded as I grabbed the soup and started up the stairs. I walked into Sams room to see him curled up holding his stomach.

"Ok Sammy, I got you some soup. Can you sit up for me." He nodded as he slowly sat up. I then sat down on the bed and began to feed him.

He was about halfway done when he said he was full. I smiled and placed it in the nightstand.

"I'm so proud of you Sammy," I praised, "you've come so far." He smiled a small smile. We sat there for a few minutes in comfortable silence before Sam spoke.

"C-Colby?" He asked, "c-can you s-stay w-with m-me." He looked down.

I tilted his head up, "Of course I can stay with you. Just let me go put the rest of the food in the fridge." I saw him smile again as I grabbed the bowl and walked out of the room.

Once I had put the food in the fridge, I returned back to Sam, who was now laying down. I walked over and carefully climbed in the bed. I turned on my side so I could see Sam.

I pushed his sweaty hair back and looked into his eyes while he looked at mine. I could see that he had more color in his eyes. He didn't look so broken.

I smiled as I rapped my arm protectively around him. He nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. I listened to his breathing, hearing how it slowed down.

Once I was sure he was asleep, I slowly began to dose off. It felt so right to have him in my arms.

"I love you." I muttered before falling asleep.