Chapter 54

Elton's POV

I awoke to the sounds of soft whimpers. At first, I thought it was Circa. So I just dangled my hand over the edge and pet her. But when the whimpers didn't stop, I sat up and looked around the room, surprised when I saw Sam curled up in the corner.

"Sam?" I asked, "you ok buddy." He immediately shot up to a sitting position, tears streaming down his face.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't m-mean to w-wake y-you up. I-I can g-go." He stuttered in a panicked tone.

"Sam, I'm not mad bud. Did you have a nightmare." I said calmly and quietly. He nodded and pulled his knees to his chest. I got up and slowly approached him. He still apologized profusely, telling me that he could leave and some bull shit.

I wasn't having it.

"Sam, you never have to apologize about having a nightmare. I wish you would have woken me up sooner. Your mental health is a lot more important to me then loosing 30 minuets of sleep." I reached out and pet his ears softly, causing him to flinch a bit.

"I-I'm sorry." He muttered quietly. I chuckled.

"Don't apologize for apologizing." I joked, trying to keep my tone light. He looked up at me with his tear filled blue eyes. I smiled down at him.

"Wanna go back to Colby's room?" I asked after a few minutes. He tensed up a bit and whimpered.

"I-I can't sl-sleep a-alone." He said so quietly that I thought I made it up for a minute.

"That's ok bud. I can sleep on Colby's couch." I smiled.

"Th-thank you." He relaxed. After a few minutes, we headed over. I helped Sam get comfortable before walking over and laying on the couch.  It only took a few moments before we both were asleep again.

Y'all, ima be real, I'm so excited for this new story I'm writing. I really like it, and I hope you guys do too! If you want I can give you a sneak peak ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)     Just keep in mind that it is NOT a solby book.