Chapter 12

Colby's POV

I walked back down into the living room after I was done helping Sam. All the roommates were exactly the same as when I left, watching the credits of the movie.

"He ok?" Elton asked when he saw me.

"I think so, he's taking a shower right now." I replied. They all nodded at my response.

"Hey so, kinda changing the subject, you know the rules about taking werewolves out and stuff right?" Kat asked.

"Yeah I did my research," I smirked, "I'm not that dumb!"

"I mean, I don't know, you're not very smart." Corey said shrugging his shoulders. Everyone laughed except for me.

We talked for about an hour before Sams small, skinny figure reappeared in the room. His blonde hair still a little wet from the shower. Although he looked much better.

Then I had realized that his tail wasn't out, " Hold on, let me get some scissors so I can cut a hole for your tail."

He shook his head, "Its ok," he said quietly, "I-I don't want t-to ruin your pants."

"Nope, I want you to be comfortable." I said, "besides, those pants are too small on me anyway."

I quickly got up and walked into the kitchen. I opened a few cabinets and drawers before finally finding the scissors.

When I walked back into the room, I found the roommates watching friends while laughing their asses off. I frowned a little when I saw Sam sitting on the floor with his head against Kats leg. His eyes were closed, clearly enjoying Kats touch.

I approached slowly, sitting down to so him I was here before speaking. "Hey Sam, can you stand up for me real quick." He nodded sleepily, standing up and facing away from me.

I grabbed part of the fabric, making sure to grab the boxers too, and cut a little below where his tail started. He tensed at the sound of the scissors, his ears flattening.

"It's ok," I spoke in a hushed voice, "I'm not gunna cut you." He nodded, although still very tense, and slipped his tail through the little hole.

"Th-Thank you." He said quietly before returning to his position on the floor.

"You know you can sit on the couch if you want." I told him. He looked up at me with his innocent, scared blue eyes. It was honestly the first time I had seen his eyes.

He quickly looked away and nodded, sitting stiffly on the couch. He leaned on Kat who went back to petting behind his ear.

I just sat there, thinking. His eyes held so much fear, so much panic. I could tell this was gunna be a long road to recovery, but I was gunna be there for him every step of the way.