Chapter 39

Colby's POV

I watched helplessly as Sam cried himself to sleep. Poor thing, he'd been through so much and I couldn't do anything to help him.

I looked over at the piece of paper Dr. Evan left. I picked it up and examined it. It was filled with writing. I sighed as I began to read.

'I didn't want to say all this in the room with Sam because I didn't want to freak him out. I think I can go ahead and diagnose him with social anxiety, separation anxiety, PTSD, and some serious trust issues. I also think it would be best to tackle this one at a time, starting with separation anxiety. I would like him to be comfortable being alone, you're not always gunna be with him so getting him comfortable with other people would also be great.

Concerning his PTSD and vivid flashbacks. This is one of the worst cases of PTSD I've ever seen. It's gunna be hard to treat, but it's possible. With how bad his trust issues are, and how bad his will to please is, it's just gunna make it that much harder.

What I would recommend is that you get him to trust you. Basically just constantly remind him that he's safe and that he can talk to you. I would try to get him to trust me but you're his mate and he already trusts you more then anyone.

Just remember, you're going to have to say things over and over before it will click. Just be patient and he'll come around.'

Ok, so I need to get him to trust me. I can do that, right? I mean it might take some time but I can do it.

It's short so I might post another one later :)