Chapter 48

Colby's POV

I still felt absolutely awful about snapping at Sam. I'm hard to get to snap but when I do, it's scary. I decided I would make it up to him somehow.

Once we returned, all eyes were on me. All looking at me expectingly. I nodded to them to ensure that everything was fine. They all backed off a little when Elton pulled his camera out.

"Ok so we are now at the abandoned water slide where we can skate down." Elton said excitedly, showing the slide to the camera. "So whose first?" He asked, no one said a thing causing him to laugh.

"I-I'll go first." Sam said, shocking us all.

"You sure buddy? You've never done this before." Elton warned.

"Yeah, I don't want you to get hurt Sammy." I told him.

"I-I'll be o-ok." He said, smiling sheepishly.

"Ok, Corey can you stand down at the first turn to catch him?" Elton asked turning the camera to him.

"Why me?" Corey asked stubbornly.

"Because you're the biggest, nothings getting past you." Elton laughed.

"I don't know if I should be offended or if I should thank you." He said before walking down to the first bend like Elton said. Then they grabbed the penny board and had Sam stand on it while holding onto the sides of the slide.

"Ok ready?" Elton asked, Sam nodded. "Three, two, one, go!" Sam let go of the sides and rid the board about halfway down before bailing.

"L-Let me try again. I-I think I got it this t-time." He begged, I looked at him skeptically.

"You sure?" I asked, he nodded. "Ok one more time." He smiled a little before getting back on the board. We repeated the same process, Sam taking a deep breath before letting go. This time he made it farther but fell off the board and onto his wrist.

"Sam!" I yelled urgently as I jumped over the side of the slide and raced to him. He clutched his wrist tightly.

"I-It's ok. I-I'm ok." He said, I shook my head.

"Sammy, can you move it?" I asked. He tried but then hissed from pain. "You're not ok Sammy, you're hurt." He pinned his ears and looked down.

"I-I'm sorry." He whimpered, I shook my head.

"Sammy don't apologize, you can't control when you get hurt." I said, lifting his chin. "Let's go get the board and get out of here ok?" He nodded.

I helped him up and we began to walk down the slide. Once we reached the end, there was this disgusting looking water and still no sign of the board.

"Is it in there?" I asked, hoping I would be wrong.

"I think so." Elton said. I sighed and began to take off my shoes. "What are you doing?"

"Well someone's got to go get it." I said before jumping in. I shined a light trying to find the stupid thing.

"Here want the golf club?" Corey asked, holding it out to me. He asked me the same question but this time laughing. Then I noticed he had a penny board in his hand.

"Is that the board!?" I asked. They started laughing which confirmed it. "You know my toes are gunna get like, Chlamydia now, right?" Everyone started cracking up. I rolled my eyes and got out of the nasty water so we could go home.

"I-I don't wanna r-ruin your video, we c-can stay I'll just sit o-out." Sam stuttered. I could tell he was nervous by the amount of times he stuttered. I walked over to him and put my arm around his skinny little body.

"Sam," Elton started. "I would rather get that taken care of then risk it for a stupid video."

"I-I know it's not broken. I-I've broken my wrist a l-lot. It's just sprained. I-I'll heal." He retorted. He felt guilty, even an idiot could tell that.

"Sam it's late, we've done everything there is to do here. I'm tired anyway, and you look it. Let's just go home and get some ice on your wrist." Elton spoke, leaving no room for argument. Sam only nodded and held onto the back of my shirt.

Once we got back to the parking lot, we said our goodbyes to Amanda and got into the car. We were only on the road for about 10 minuets when Sam had fallen asleep.

"I feel bad man." Corey said, breaking the silence. "I mean, he doesn't deserve the kind of treatment he gets from other people."

"I know, can you believe that guy!? What a prick." Elton joined. Then it was back to silence. That's how it was for the rest of the car ride.

Once we got back home, I carried Sam up to my room. I took off his shoes and collar, putting it on the nightstand. Then I took off my shirt, changed my pants, quickly washed off my chlamydia infested legs, and got in bed to cuddle Sam.