Chapter 31

Colby's POV

I was awoken by quiet whimpers and sniffles beside me. I sleepily looked over to find Sam, who was curled into a tight ball, crying.

"Sam?" I asked, all sense of tiredness leaving me. "Sammy? What happened." He only curled into himself tighter.

"I-I'm s-sorry." He sniffled, "I-I didn't m-mean to wake y-you up." I sat up.

"Oh, no, it's ok. Did you have a nightmare?" He only cried harder so I assumed that ment yes.

"Sam, never be afraid to wake me up ok? I won't get mad at you." I paused, "do you want to talk about it?" He shook his head violently.

"Ok! Ok. You don't have too." I spoke softly, not wanting to scare him more then he already was.

"You want a hug?" I asked. He hesitated before nodding.

I laid back down and pulled Sam into my chest, rapping my arms securely around him. He curled into me as he continued to sob. I rested my chin on his head as I shushed him and rubbed his back.

We stayed like this until his sobs became quiet sniffles. I loosed my grip on him a little but he gripped onto my shirt like his life depended on it.

"Hey Sammy, I'm just gunna check the time real quick." I told him as I reached over to grab my phone. '8:59' it read.

I put my phone back on the nightstand and turned my attention back to Sam. I gently pet his pinned ears trying to relax him.

About fifteen minutes had passed when I heard a quiet knock on the door. Sam whimpered and curled into me more, gripping my shirt even tighter.

"Who is it?" I asked as I played with Sams hair.

"It's Devyn." I heard a female voice say from behind the door.

"Come in." I replied, "slowly." I added.

She carefully opened the door, making it squeak. I could feel Sam cringe as he tried to make himself as small as he possibly could.

"Hey." She greeted quietly. I smiled at her and nodded to my desk chair so she could sit there. She quickly and quietly sat down on the chair.

"How is..." she trailed off as she nodded towards Sam.

"Better." I simply responded. She nodded as she pulled out her phone. I saw her type something quickly before she put it away.

"You guys wanna come downstairs? I'm the only one up and I'm hungry." She said as she rubbed her stomach. I chuckled before nodding.

"Yeah we'll be down there in a few." I said. She nodded and walked out of the room, cracking the door behind her.

"You hungry baby?" I asked, turning my attention back to Sam. I frowned when he shook his head.

"Sammy." I said in a warning tone. "You need to eat. At least just a little."  He whimpered but nodded submissively. I pet his ears and kissed his forehead.

"Ok, let's go downstairs." I said as I rolled out of bed. Sam went to push himself up but was cut short when he let out a whimper.

"Sammy?" I asked concerned. He let out more pained whimpers and cries. "Sam what hurts?" I asked urgently.

"Everything!" He cried out. I instantly scooped him up, causing him to cry out. I ran out of my room and down the stairs as fast as I could.

"Colby? What's wrong?" Devyn asked worriedly. I started to stumble over my words a little but soon got out that Sam was in a lot of pain.

"Go get in the car, I'll drive." Is all she said before she ran off. I ran out to the car, getting in the backseat with Sam.

It only took Devyn two minutes before she was in the car, on the phone with Kat. She was giving us directions to a werewolf hospital near by.

I was whispering sweet nothings in Sam's ear. He let out heartbreaking whimpers, curling into me as much as he could.

Devyn pulled up to the front of the hospital in a matter of minutes. I quickly picked up Sam and ran to the front desk as fast as I could. The lady looked at me, then at Sam and immediately picked up the phone

"Dr. Johnson, please report to the lobby ASAP." She hung up the phone and turned to me, "What happened."

I quickly explained everything that happened in the past 4 months. She nodded understandingly, writing everything down.

Soon, a doctor came out with a team of nurses and a stretcher. Sam clutched onto me as tightly as he could.

"Sammy, I know you're scared but they're not gunna hurt you ok? They're gunna make you feel better." I whispered. He only held onto me tighter.

A nurse came over with a shot. I looked at her with pleading eyes not to do it, it would only freak him out more. She looked at me sorrowfully and muttered a short "I have to." Before giving him the shot.

He screamed and pulled his arm away but it was too late, the medicine was already in his blood stream.

"It's just a sedative to keep him calm. Until it kicks in I'm going to talk to Linda." The doctor said as he walked towards the front desk lady.

I held Sam, who was now balling his eyes out, close to me, trying to keep him calm. Within a few minutes he was struggling to stay awake.

Once he was fully asleep the nurse from earlier gently took him from my arms and laying him on the stretcher. The doctor told me to have a seat and sign a few documents, giving them permission to do surgery if needed. I quickly signed then gave it back to the doctor.

"We're just going to take some x-rays and blood work, you will be informed if something changes." He told me, giving me a sympathetic smile before walking away with the documents.