Chapter 27

Colby's POV

Sam curled up in the back. I looked at him pitifully. Thoughts filled my head of what might have happened to him.

"Hey, Colby, I think we should call off this welcome home party. He's in no shape to celebrate, we can do it when he gets better." Elton advised. I nodded, knowing he was right.

I pulled out my phone and texted the group chat.
To Trap House: hey guys we need to call off the party, Sams in bad shape.

From Trap House: yeah we figured, telling everyone to leave now.

To Trap House: thanks guys.

I shut off my phone and looked out the window.

A few minutes later, we arrived home. I quickly opened my door, then Sams. He jumped out and walked right at my heel as we entered the house.

All the roommates were standing in the hallway waiting for us. I thought it was sweet but, it caught Sam off guard, causing him to back himself into a wall.

The look of pure devastation appeared on all our faces. Elton quickly gathered up everyone and brought them to another room so I could help Sam.

He was clearly having a panic attack. His breaths were short and panicked as he tried to get as close to the wall as possible.

"Hey Sammy." I said calmly as I sat down a few feet away from him. He let out a few panicked whines and yelps. I felt awful.

"Deep breaths. You're ok, you're safe. No ones gunna hurt you." I spoke with tears in my eyes. Sam was trying to take deep breaths but failing miserably. I carefully and slowly approached him.

Once I was close enough to touch him, I reached out and scratched behind his ears. He let out more cries and yelps, making it sound like he was in pain.

"Sam, calm down baby, it's just me. No ones gunna hurt you." I whispered over and over again. Eventually, his pained cries became soft whimpers as he calmed down. Although he was still shaking with his tail curled under him.

"There you go. Just like that. Relax." I said softly. "You want to go upstairs?" He hesitated a moment before nodding. I stood up slowly before asking him if he wanted to be carried, which he immediately said no to.

We walked up the stairs and to my room. I figured it would be best because it had my sent all over it. Once we both stepped in I closed the door, causing Sam to become panicked again.

"No, no, no, it's ok. Can you shift for me? Then we can get you in some comfy clothes and I will open the door, ok?" I asked. He looked at me skeptically but ultimately agreed.

Once he was completely shifted, I handed him some boxers. They were the same ones that he had worn before, washed, of course. He quickly put them on before going back to a kneeling position on the floor.

"Hey Sam." His ears perked up to let me know he was listening. "I'm just gunna check over your body to make sure nothing looks infected. I won't touch anything ok?" He pinned his ears but nodded.

I made slow movements as I walked around to see his back. It was horrendous, not an inch was left untouched. Their were huge, thick slash marks that looked like they we caused by a knife along with Bruises and hickeys we're covering him.

His neck, wrists, and ankles were rubbed raw. I could see the indent of where the collar was along with where the spikes poked into him. All his bones stuck out because of how inhumanity skinny he was.

Worst of all there was a brand mark. The guy fucking branded him. I could not believe what I was seeing.

I walked back to the front of him and kneeled down. "Can you look at me?" I asked sweetly. He slowly lifted his head, though his eyes didn't meet mine. I had to hold in a gasp at what I saw.

He had dark circles under his eyes, like he hadn't slept in weeks. Their was a faded bruise that looked like a handprint. I'm assuming that's where that asshole slapped him.

I quickly wiped away the tear that was rolling down my cheek. "Here baby." I whispered as I gave him a sweatshirt and sweatpants. He stood up and slipped into them. Once he was done he stood there awkwardly.

I walked over to my bed and pulled back the covers. "You need a nap." I said as I patted the bed. He hesitated, tears pricking his eyes.

"Don't cry, Sammy. Everything gunna be ok." I smiled as he took slow steps towards the bed. He cautiously got in, curling up once he was.

"There ya go." I pet his head softly. He tensed up but didn't move. I sighed and pulled my hand away.

"Now I want you to sleep. You need it. It's ok if you have a nightmare, I won't be mad at you, just sleep. You can come downstairs when you wake up." I said in a somewhat stern tone.

He nodded and curled up more. I smiled before I walked out of the room, leaving the door cracked so he wouldn't feel trapped.