Chapter 23

Colby's POV

Day of the court thingy

It had been a week sense I had known about Kats father. Sam had only known for 3 days and didn't take it well. I didn't want him to stress or worry about anything.

He started to shake as we got closer to the building that would ultimately decide his future. I pet behind his ears to try to calm him down but, not even that worked.

We walked into the building with a still very nervous Sam. I held him close though, still trying to calm him down.

I had brought Elton and Corey with me, to hopefully help. Sam seemed to warm up to Elton the most so having him here seemed like a good idea.

We took our seats, Sam sitting as close as he could get to me. Then, it all started.

(Idk how court works so let's pretend k? K.)

"Alright we're gunna get started," the judge started, "Mr. Stewart, you are here because our want custody of Samuel Golbach, correct?"

"Yes ma'am, that is correct." He spoke. I felt Sam push more into my side, trying to get as close to me as possible. I looked over at this man and man was he intimidating. He was well built with a few tattoos, black hair that was gelled back.

"And why is that?" She asked, putting her glasses on her nose. He chuckled humorously.

"Well you see, Samuel here, ran away from me. I never actually sold him or gave him to anyone." He said matter of factly, smirking the whole time.

"And Mr. Brock, you got Samuel at an auction, correct?" She turned the attention to me.

"Yes that's correct." I responded.

"Did anyone inform you that he ran away?" She asked.

"No ma'am." I answered.

"Well, can you both please bring up your documents concerning Samuel." We both nodded before grabbing our forms and hading them to a police officer who gave it to the judge. She over looked it carefully before speaking to us again.

"I'm sorry Mr. Brock, but technically Mr. Stewart still has custody over Samuel." She stopped. It made my heart drop as tears built up in my eyes. I looked over to see that wicked man smiling.

"However," she spoke, which caught me off guard, "I'm giving you three months to buy him back. His price then was 17 thousand. Schedule a new court date with me after please. For now, he will go with Mr. Stewart. Case dismissed." She hit the gavel on her desk. Sam looked up at me with tear filled eyes.

"Sammy, listen, I'm gunna get you back ok? I promise." I said pulling him into a tight hug.

"P-please don't let h-him take me." He whimpered. My heart shattered.

"I can't do anything now baby, I'll get you back ok." I said as I let tears fall.

"Come on Samuel." Mr. Stewart spoke, approaching us. He had a collar in hand along with a leash. I slowly took off Sam collar, him begging me not to as I did.

Mr. Stewart called Sam again in a very aggressive tone. He whimpered before scurrying over to him. A black collar was placed tightly around his neck along with a leash clipped to it. The man yanked it, catching Sam off guard. He tripped over his own feet, but luckily didn't fall.

Elton basically had to drag me out of the room once Sam left. He had already scheduled the court date for exactly 3 months after.

I sat in the car completely silent. I was pissed. How could the judge not see that Sam was terrified of that man.

"You'll get him back." Elton said, breaching the silence. I shook my head.

"17 thousand dollars is so much money." I countered, letting the tears fall.

"Colby." Elton paused, noticing the shakiness of my voice. "Look, I know for a fact that the roommates and Kat will help. We can start a go fund me page, I mean your fans know about Sam and I know that they will help."

I sighed and looked out the window. I knew that I had to get this money, there is no way that I am going to let this man keep Sam.